cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

Note: If this thread gets off the ground, there are likely to be SPOILERS in here so don't read if you don't want to know what happened in the book!

Well, I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. last night to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - it was so good!

Anyone else finished with it yet...??? what did you think?!

I'm glad it didn't have quite the unfinished ending as Book IV, now waiting for the next book won't be quite so annoying... but I know it will be a l-o-n-g wait!

Anyway... what are your thoughts on it???

It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.
Message 1 of 9,493
latest reply
9,492 REPLIES 9,492

errols*here
Enthusiast
Well, Neville's no Antonio, but yeah, I think I could be.

Furio??? Oh, next to Christopher he's my love! Pssst...check out my Me Page.
Message 31 of 9,493
latest reply

errols*, Oooooh! to your Me page. I'm going to check your Me page if I ever have any questions.
I do have one question---at the end of one of the episodes, I'm pretty sure it is in Series 3 or maybe 4... the end music is a drumbeat. I think it is the March to the Scaffold, the drumbeat used when soldiers are going to death or punishment. I have it on a CD somehwere but I'm cleaning right now... disorder everywhere.
Do you remember what show that was? I may have to check all the Season 3 music lists.
I love the symbolism of the music and symbols the directors use. This is such a well-made series (tho I could do with less blood, and much less T&A). I'm enjoying it.
I'm up to the end of Season 4 I think, where the cute young Russian girl calls, and Carmela is putting Tony out of the house. New Netflix order tomorrow!
Right now it is 1:30AM and I am so tired, and I am just beginning to get sleepy.
Message 32 of 9,493
latest reply

W ~ O ~ W

Neville has sure gotten H ~ O ~ T

I dont think he's hotter then harry (or draco) yet...but he's getting there! 🙂

Tonks, now i'm no doc...nor a nurse...nor antyhing...to do with anything medical...LOL...but when mr. frogi was having all those High Blood pressure problems...i made sure he had breakfast (very importatn) and he was supposed to drink a glass of milk with the breakfast (that did NOT happen, lol)...

also I considered getting him some water pills and seeing if that wouldn't drop his BP down...(the BP pill he's got right now...is just a RX water pill...really!)

Good luck with it! Exercise at least 20 mins a day...that will make you feel better!

~~Mandy~~

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 33 of 9,493
latest reply

I'm 99% sure that it's the Claritan D I've been on for the last year. I had moderate to low BP before I started on that. The bad thing is, that's the ONLY allergy pill combo I've found that keeps me from feeling "biserable." sigh.

I'll get more info on Wednesday. I DO eat a lot of stuff that's not good for me, I LOVE butter and salty stuff. But I loved all that way back when my BP was not high, so don't know what to think. I tried to go off the Claritan this weekend and made it a day and a half before I couldn't see or breath so I gave up.

I got my rose bed done this weekend!!!!! We had about a 2 hour window where it was sunny and not quite so cold. As I was just dumping that last bag of Bark Mulch in the new bed, the first drops of rain fell. It's been pouring ever since.

TONKS

Message 34 of 9,493
latest reply

hmmm i could be the claritin...just be sure to tell the doc about it...if you go see him...

mr. frogi no longer takes his bp meds...tho he did say to me the other day that he thought he'd have to start again 🙂

five months with out any kind of traffic is what let him stop taking his bp meds!! LOL

~~Mandy~~

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 35 of 9,493
latest reply

I've been researching on the web, TGFG *Thank God for Google, LOL!* It's more likely the decongestant in the Claritin D that raised my BP, not the Claritin alone. SO I'll ask about that Wednesday and switch to the one without the decongestant. I just took the one with the decongestant this morning. sigh.

My BP was really high when I went in to the urgent care with 103 fever when I had pneumonia last month. They told me to get it checked again when I get better, but thought that high reading was from the fever. Nope. I've had 3 checks now in two weeks, and all three were really high. grrrrrr.

TONKS

Message 36 of 9,493
latest reply

tonks, High BP is culmulative. You may have had a lovely BP a few years ago, but eventually all the butter and salt sneaks up and bites you in the b*tt. Then it's do-without time.
Times are hard around here, so we are becoming vegetarian for a while or perhaps forever. Meat is just too expensive for the amount you get. Also, being veggie will theoretically lower my BP. The doc wants to change me to a different BP med, and I dislike depending on pills.
The boys love hot stuff, so tonight I made some Indian chapattis. I forget the name of the spicy veggie glop that goes on top of them (aren't I articulate). We had home-made yogurt to go on top of the spicy glop. DD wasn't too sure about this but the guys were thrilled.
Later this week I will make some Thai noodles with a green peanut sauce. Did y'all know that much African food is chili-laden hot stuff too? We did a unit study on Africa.
I am sleeping about 3 hours a night.. just can't sleep. I have got most of the GW junk; book, furniture, and clothing consignment stuff outside. Now I just have to move it on to its ultimate destination.
Happy Monday!
Message 37 of 9,493
latest reply

Well Alpha, considering that only one year ago I had exactly NORMAL blood pressure I doubt if it's some long-term thing. It was at that checkup that the doctor put me on Claritin-D every day. One year later I've gone from normal to high. I'll quit the "D" part of it for a few months and see what happens. I had to change my appointment to the end of the month because I've got kids walking in taking tests for the next couple of weeks and I can't leave the office.

TONKS

Message 38 of 9,493
latest reply

yeah, don't they make something that is for high blood pressure? something...something HBC maybe? shoot i can't remember...

i'll never go veggie, lol..I LOVE meat,lol...

that and the vast majority of my meat is free (for a little work...)

Granted its not beef that i'm eating but hey...deer is just as good...

i wish it would warm up a bit and stop raining...cuz i want some fresh fish!

~~Mandy~~

Message 39 of 9,493
latest reply

Hi everyone! I HAD to stop in to tell you!

I just found the most wonderful thing at Target!

It's one of those little hand-held electronic 20 questions toys.

And it's a Harry Potter edition. you think of something--anything--a character, an item, a spell, from the books and it guesses it. I have not stumped it even once yet.
Photobucket
Message 40 of 9,493
latest reply

Walmart has them, too.
Message 41 of 9,493
latest reply

ohhh i want one of those!! LOL

D ya say walmart has them...hmmm probly not my local from work one, but i bet the bigger one that closer to home has them...i'll have to make a trip up there...

so cool!!

glad to see you Sparky!!

~~Mandy~~

Message 42 of 9,493
latest reply

MY Walmart doesn't have them, and the closest Target is about 20 miles away. 😞 I want one....how much are they?

TONKS

Message 43 of 9,493
latest reply

OMG, look what I just found in our local news! 🙂

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=156&sid=3039124

TONKS

Message 44 of 9,493
latest reply

Wow... is America ready for Daniel Radcliffe as a naked, disturbed stable boy who blinds horses...??

MagsGraphics Digital Tear Bears
& scrapbooking freebies
magsgraphics.blogspot.com
Message 45 of 9,493
latest reply