cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you joined this Group and what u want....

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
Hi...think I started a thread/discussion like this before but so far back and we have a lot of new members so thought this might be FUN and also helpful to all the MOD's.....so let us know what made you join our group..who invited you and what you wanted/needed/expected to get out of joining this bead group....sound fun....Gus
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

judesjujus
Enthusiast
You all know why and what I want....Beads and silver and gold and jewelry...Now that I'm back George is worried about his money... I don't carry American Express - I carry George!
Jude
'Never frown, even when you are sad,
because you never know who is
falling in love with your smile.'

borntobewildfromelise
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
Hi everyone,...with all the new members and the new polls I started a week ago I searched long and hard for this discussion so I could bring it back to the first page,....so lets remind eachother what brought us to this bead group and what we want or need from joining this group.....smiles For me it was and is a great way to get very much needed info and share tricks of the trade,..not to mention I have made a lot of friends here over the years,...Gus
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

I first joined when another group closed unexpectantly. Left after awhile due to personal problems taking all my time but came back cause I love the people here even though I don't post much. I dont sell what I make on ebay but this group provides my source of focals that sparks my imagination! Every once in awhile I go on a spending spree and I know I can always find goodies to refill my stash from you guys :) --
Photobucket
“There is no distance too far between friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart.”
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

judesjujus
Enthusiast
WEll, I with all yawl..it's just a great group..Elise and I never thought it would become such a large group. I've made lots of friends here..Learned a lot about jewelry making, taking pics (which I still struggle with) Also learned a lot about lampworking..even though I have no desire to torch..Yawl just keep making the beads and I'll you know buy them when I can :) Huggs -- Jude 'Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.' borntobewildfromelise
Jude

borntobewildfromelise
Message 19 of 37
latest reply

chrystal.legacy
Enthusiast
I think Roger actually invited me to this group, and many of you know that I am one of his biggest fans. He is just the nicest person, and any place he spends much time at has to be full of nice people, too. I love all kinds of beads, am partial to gemstones and pearls and interesting, unusual lampwork focals and sets. I, too, have spent time at other groups, found some members to be elitist (I'm being kind) or condescending. Then there are those who want to spend all of their time whining about everything, wonder if they ever smile. This is a great, diverse group of people, with all levels of experience and many different types of materials. There is always someone to answer a question or offer coffee, chocolate or other treats, even if it's only virtual reality. I was always taught that a smile can be heard over the phone, and while that is true, I believe the same is true in the overall tone of conversation in the group. These folks make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:-x They also are a veritable wealth of information, and I am still trying to catch up on some of the old post on the other threads. Did I mention that they also allow me to wax poetic and don't tell me to shut up. Hugs to all, Anna-Marie
"In life, the journey is often equally as important as the destination." Fr. Eddie Hayes

Anna-Marie
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

chrystal.legacy
Enthusiast
BTW, Gus, the last word I would use to describe you is pushy. Where did they come up with that misnomer?
"In life, the journey is often equally as important as the destination." Fr. Eddie Hayes

Anna-Marie
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
oh I have my days my beady friend,..I have my days,..LOL Gus
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

scrapper1
Enthusiast
yup and I love ya for it Gus LOLOL scrap
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

judesjujus
Enthusiast
If I ever ride back down to Florida..I'm gonna ride over and meet Gus!! One of these days... -- Jude 'Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.' borntobewildfromelise
Jude

borntobewildfromelise
Message 24 of 37
latest reply

scrapper1
Enthusiast
oh me toooooooooooooo scrap
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

judesjujus
Enthusiast
Wish I was closer to you Scrap..you are wayyyyyyyyy over there... -- Jude 'Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.' borntobewildfromelise
Jude

borntobewildfromelise
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

I joined this group because of the awesome bead designers in here and I totally love to do swaps... I have had some really special beads I brought from several designers in this group. Love them. -- Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Hmmmm, I love looking at beads and jewelry, and there's such a variety in here for eye candy! Everyone's very supportive here, and I've "met" quite a bunch of great beadie people to chit-chat with. It's a great place to share my work with friends, peers and buyers......many of which are all-in-one! I like to join in on the challenges and trades every now and then - they're fun, and they keep my "work" a fun thing to do. -- Gina
GMD beads
Message 28 of 37
latest reply

bychancebeads
Enthusiast
I joined the group for the ideas ,help and support from other beaders. I soon discovered the nicest friendliest people in the world and I am proud to say that I am a memeber of this group. Cindy
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

I joined to chase women... -- ~Rog..
~Rog..
Message 30 of 37
latest reply