cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you joined this Group and what u want....

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
Hi...think I started a thread/discussion like this before but so far back and we have a lot of new members so thought this might be FUN and also helpful to all the MOD's.....so let us know what made you join our group..who invited you and what you wanted/needed/expected to get out of joining this bead group....sound fun....Gus
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

scrapper1
Enthusiast
sounds fun to ME :) scrap
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
cool....hope we get a lot of post on this one...cause it could turn out to be very helpful planning things...Gus
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

nono-badkitty
Enthusiast
um, I don't remember...I've been here so long I forgot :D lemme think....might have had something to do with my healthy bead stash though 😉 anything you can string and hang around your neck interests me, always had. I honestly don't remember if I was invited or just found this place, but once I started lurking and reading the posts, it just felt like home 😄 hmmm...if I'm one of those houseguests that's stayed too long...don't tell me, cause I love it here! I don't sell my finished jewelry on ebay, do occasionally sell my polymer beads though. I have a number of long time customers and family members who I do most of my work for, as well as myself. In the past I've sold at boutiques and craft fairs, not much of that around here so I don't mess with the hassle. The old customers tend to be willing to pay well for what they want and that gives me the money to add to my stash. Mostly, I just do this for fun. Would be nice to make a living at it, but fortunately I don't have to rely on it. This group works for me because I don't have to be a power seller or buyer to feel comfortable...and it's a wonderful place to pick up info on new products or new ideas and keep up on the latest trends. All you have to do is ask and someone will help! These days I buy more 'collectible' beads and this has been the perfect place to find them! I love the challenges, I look at them as a way to try something new and actually challenge myself, instead of just show off what I do well. I would never have attempted to make a frog if it wasn't for the croaker challenge. Anyway, what I get from this group is the camraderie and friendship from people who understand my obsession with small things with holes in them and who are artistic/creative in nature! I'm not looking for an intense competitive atmosphere, I want to share my enjoyment for beads and jewelry and this is the perfect place to do that. and I'll stop rambling now but that's my two cents worth :D now I gotta go find a cuppa Scrap's Kona...:D Sandi
Sandi

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk?? A Einstein
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
Guess I should share what got me to join right...LOL...well I was kicked out of a group...no names but it closed up not to long agao..so now u know which one right...LOL...they did not like me there at all....they found me pushy...imagine that...LOL....but anyway...I joined a bead group and now this one..to meet and chat with folks with the interest as me and to learn....now this group is great for learning...ask any question and your sure to get not one but a few different answers...one is sure to work for you.....and now that I am a member..I have made so many friends I could not count them all...not to mention picking up customers here and there....that is a bonus...LOL....but to all my friends here...real glad I found this group and all of you...u help me get through my day....''''HUGS''' Gus
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

I joined so I could get some good Cheese to go with my Whine!!! - Actually - I spend a tremendouse amount of time at home alone, and it is great to be able to drop in and chat, and for me whine a bit and share BEADS - I get my bead addiction honestly, inherited it from my Mom and passed it onto my Daughter and I am sure she will have my grandaughter Isabell (tinkerbell) well addicted before she can even walk - don't think people outside of bead addicts understands - so nice to find people that do, and like to hang out and offer cheese and support and giggles - V
Virginia
If you have a chance, Choose to Dance!!! - If you are sick - stay home - you too can personally start a Pandemic!!!
Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I think I stumbled into it. I chat on the bead thread and this group was mentioned. Anyway, this is definitely a diverse group, and each person has there own interesting bead addiction. I love it for that! You can be an artist, a beader, a buyer a sculptor, a bead enabler whatever, and find solice here. So many talented people and all willing to share and cheer each other on, that is unique in any group! The other thing I like here is no judging, everyone is kind and helpful, and thankfully the nasty ones leave......ok, so I think this is bead heaven.........I think of everyone here is a friend and it is a great group.....Elise and the mods all rock and keep everything moving right along, so the topics are fresh and interest and participation keep on keeping on.........I am a bead-for-fun kinda gal, and enjoy fondling beads, and thankfully the people here do not think I am a sicko........well,, not too much anyway....:) Artist, not so much, addict definitely!!! but I really enjoy the group and all....I really feel lost if I do not check in at least once a day! Candy
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

easytoentertain
Enthusiast
ditto...ditto...ditto...and ditto. This is really just an all around great group. And I am with candy on not being able to go a day without checking it...even if i dont say anything i read all the recent threads. Simply put this is a place for friends.
- Jessica Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

well I have to say I love this group and all the great folks I have met here... this really is bead home away from home...
elise
~a controlled pyromaniac ~

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain"
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

florida_lampwork
Enthusiast
as many of u know I have shared this group with many..invited my share of folks...friends-students-customers....homeless...beadless...and as u know a freak or two....I tell them all the same thing...FUN and LEARN...those r the two big things you'll get out of joining this group...:) Gus
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

But don't forget there is also another reason and that is to see and buy some of Gus's great lampwork beads. Sheila, Designs By Sheila.
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

beadobsessions
Enthusiast
I totally agree with all of the above! I think that what I get the most from being a part of this wonderful group is the confidence to challenge my creative abilities without the fear of failure. Everyone here gives wonderful advise and non-judgmental criticism that helps me to improve and grow. I have always felt at home here, and consider you all as friends! Thank you all for making this the best group on ebay. Beady SmileyCentral.com
Beady~Kritter kreator~
Message 12 of 37
latest reply

I joined because I love to bead and this seemed like the group for me - everyone has been so nice and quick to answer my questions. I really appreciate that. Thanks guys!! Tricia
Tricia
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

I joined this group to showcase my auctions, find answers or advice to common problems, look at everyone's beautiful work, and find supplies. I lurk a lot and don't chat that much. But it has been a great group to share and view information with. Beth
Message 14 of 37
latest reply

I want to learn new things ( get inspiration ) and make my jewelry better than it is. Mikaila
Message 15 of 37
latest reply