Message 647 of 9,230
latest reply

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Now I think I got it!  

Message 648 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi 4TD!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 649 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Shirley -   Love your displays!

Message 650 of 9,230
latest reply

I've been really enjoying seeing everyone's displays here! 

Just thought I'd also share some recent finds....from my own basement!  Found my daughter's Barbie things from the early 2000's.  Set up the the Princess and Pauper castle and have been arranging some dolls around it.  What fun!  I think I was having as much fun with it as she did a few years back.  Took some pictures and will post them here.

Message 651 of 9,230
latest reply

This Fairytopia fairy lost her wings and costume. So now she is wearing a mod dress that sparkles just like her.

Message 652 of 9,230
latest reply

Message 653 of 9,230
latest reply

Fairytopia fairy serving Princess Pauper Erika and Swan Lake Queen

Message 654 of 9,230
latest reply

AYG - post!  I can't wait to see them.  I agree - some of the funnest things you find are actually in your own home. I am constantly rooting through both my 8 year olds modern things and my 23 year old daughter's old old barbie stuff.  I find the neatest things. (The 8 year old makes me pay or trade) but we sure have a great time.

4touchdowns

Message 655 of 9,230
latest reply

I see the pics - Fantastic and I bet that was fun putting that together!  Thanks for the share.

4touchdowns

Message 656 of 9,230
latest reply

That wedding cake needed a bridal couple! Here comes the bride and groom.

Message 657 of 9,230
latest reply

4touchdowns - Sure glad my daughter is now in middle school so I don't need to negotiate to get her doll things! 

I really love the Princess and Pauper castle.  I had been looking for a nice backdrop for dolls for quite a while.  For the longest time I was considering only 60s-early 70s vintage, until I attended a doll and saw the cardboard structures up close.  They look great on ebay but the actual ones I saw looked a bit too worn and flimsy.  For a modern structure, this castle has the softer colors which is more like what was used in vintage days.  And it's pretty durable.

Message 658 of 9,230
latest reply

I think it's perfecto and I love love the vintage Barbie wedding scene with the great stair case in the background.

Message 659 of 9,230
latest reply

4touchdowns, I'm not sure who she is, actually. She has a sweet expression, and is perfect as Grandma.

Sheila
Message 660 of 9,230
latest reply