9,229 REPLIES 9,229

♥ Playtime ♥

no sleeping at a slumber party 🙂

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/twangerstudios/DSC07207.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 631 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hey TD!  Cute bedroom scene of older brother helping little sis with her toys:-p

Thystle ~ My first collecting love was Breyer horses.  I still have a few left that I did not sell on a family auction.

Diane ~ Love the brass bed for the 'little uns'.  You find such neat miniatures!  The slumber party pic is one my favorites of yours too!  Just love the little beds with the calico prints. 

I have been wanting 'grandma' for the longest time (Midge's mom).  Finally got one, but now that I look at photo, not sure if all her painted lashes on the left eye are there or not?:|  Have not received her yet, so will wait and see.  Bums me out as there was another listing that ended today for about the same amount, but she had her reading specs included!!

here is the link to the one I will be getting soon:  Maybe Diane will wave her magic wand and put the click on pic in:-x

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barbie-Happy-Family-Grandma-Doll-Grandmother-NICE-/400491002453?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=TRjOl9DdE6XdSFTDAuvVUuYDWKs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 632 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Thystle ~ Here is one of my Breyer horses.  I have 2 of these because of love Paints.  So, used this one for Pocohontas.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 633 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

The verticle pics are always blurry, but if you click on the grey arrow above, and then on the teeny pic, it will bring up the clear photo. Anyway, I made her outfit along with the moccasins without a pattern.  Used tiny bird feathers for her hair and her horse and milkweed pods for her 'pottery'.

Message 634 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Shirley, I'm just blown away by your diorama. The outfit, the accessories -- everything is so authentic! And I love that paint. I'm pretty sure I have one (I haven't looked in those boxes in years!), but not this particular one. He's gorgeous.  :-x

On second thought, I think I have an Appaloosa, which is close, but not the same thing. I really need to get my collections out and on display. I'm getting too old to remember everything I have. :^O

Sheila
Message 635 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

I love the Breyer horses.. How many Barbie hips did I break try to get her to ride?

"Lil uns" are adorable.. love the details

Chris/ Barbie combo is kinda disturbing..  Like BHS in reverse 🙂

Debra
Message 636 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Thankyou Sheila!  I see we have another Breyer fan too:-D

My Grandma doll came today already!  That was pretty fast.  Love the doll!  She is very nice and 'all there'.  I still gave her a bath just because. Interestingly, I had this pair of doll shoes that I had set aside a while back.  They fit grandma to a 'T'.  Now I will have to look through my stuff and see what else I have that she can wear.  She is supposed to have reading glasses, but I think if I can locate a few certain items to make them, I will give it a try.  I have some beading wire which would work great for frames, but not sure if I am steady enough to create nice, even frames.  If I have some time this week-end, I'll see what I come up with.  For now, she is borrowing Tangerine Twist's glasses;-)  My dolls 'borrow' from each other all the time and the next thing I know, their stuff is scattered and then have a hard time matching assessories with outfits;\

Message 637 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Laughing at the broken Barbie hips! It's a wonder that girl can still walk, the things kids did to her.

I swap things around all the time. I just wish I could keep up with stuff better, so I don't lose things. Or could remember where everything is stored away. I know I have more shoes and clothes than I can seem to come up with.

Is this your Grandma, Shirley?

I don't have glasses for mine, either. Her shoes are some modern things that look like those jellies sandals, which work good with her low-heeled feet.

Sheila
Message 638 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hi everyone!

Great scenes.  Thystle, who is that doll?  I think she would make a great addition to one of my  family dinner scenes.

Thanks

4touchdowns

Message 639 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

hi everyone ~ hahaa yepper grandma

my elder couple, have redressed 'em as medics and they live with the trekkers

Message 640 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/twangerstudios/DSC08979.jpg

Message 641 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

photo DSC03511_zpsff3f96ff.jpg

Click to add title

Message 642 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

I still can't figure this out.  Keep trying.

Message 643 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Message 644 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Sheila ~ Yes, that is my grandma!  I think she is fabulous and love that body.  I have not had time to try find some other clothes for her.  When find lots of clothing, I will keep some of the clothes that may be a bit too big for Barbie.  I found a huge bag of doll shoes months ago that I have not sorted all the way, so I am sure there will be something in it for grandma.  Glad I am not the only one who can't keep track of all the clothing and extras:-p

Hi Diane:-D  i see you have grandpa too.  Not sure if I will get him or not.  I can remember when these dolls hit the shelf at the store.  I remember admiring them, but did not buy.  The trekker suit fits grandma very well.  Is grandpa's uniform from a GI Joe type of doll?  The clothing for those dolls are awesome.  Saw a firefighter uniform that was so detailed and very realistic.

Message 645 of 9,230
latest reply