cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with these old dolls

hi everyone 

I found these dolls, i know their outfit style from 60s/ 70s but are they really old ones ?  

Thank you

Have a great day 

Didem

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need some help with these old dolls

First picture is a vintage Midge in a mod style outfit. Second picture is a blond TNT (a mod era doll) on the left, and a "American Girl" style vintage doll. The third picture looks like a Tammy, but could be an early Sindy. All the clothes look like "mommy made", but I could be wrong on that. Pretty sure not commercial outfits, but I'm not an expert, so I could be not recognizing something.

All the dolls would be from the sixties. Hope this helps.

Sheila
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The Dolls appear to be Vintage Barbie and a Vintage Tammy Doll.  The outfits may be Reproductions of original Vintage barbie outfits.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The two outfits are some of the most desirable mod outfits for Barbie from the Put on n Pets series which had three ensembles, each came with a pet for Barbie. To find any of the three ensembles is extremely rare - so, when they're listed for auction, they often have a hefty price tag. The series was released in the seventies, and is considered to be part of the vintage collection of Barbie. The first picture has Midge wearing "Poodle Doodles" and the second picture has the two dolls wearing the "Kitty Kapers" version which came with a cat. The third version, "Hot Togs" (the most common of the three), also came with a dog. In 35 years of collecting I have never come across any of these outfits, the only way to obtain them is on a place like ebay. They are part of the holy grail of collecting. How lucky you are.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi

In fact, the Midge looks like a bend-leg Midge (1964) head on a straight leg body.  Straight leg would be older of course.

I have never seen her outfit before, but I think it is pretty cool! 

You are also lucky to find a mod barbie and the sought after American Girl Barbie.  She should also be on a bend leg body.  Some folks will identify the bend-leg Midge as "American Girl Midge".   I have only seen pictures of the outfits on the mod barbie and the AG barbie.  They are indeed great finds!

The Tammy looking doll is a cutie!  Love her outfit too!

Nice little haul you have there! 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 5 of 5
latest reply