cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone refurbished phone warranty claim

I purchased an eBay refurbished iPhone XR 11/11/21. The ad for the phone stated it came with a one year Allstate warranty. The phone is having charging problems, so I filed a warranty claim through Allstate. Allstate needed a receipt for the phone, and a receipt for the warranty. I sent them the phone receipt, but never had a receipt for the warranty. The seller states I need to contact eBay for the warranty, and eBay says Allstate just needs the sellers phone receipt. Who needs to do what here? I feel like I’m spinning in circles. 

CF36F64A-3E21-4168-90BA-EBDC00F95E20.jpeg

3C35405E-1FE6-4AEE-AD3F-6ACB0226D96A.jpeg

3D724F83-3DB7-4872-B1F5-99C287AA8247.jpeg

B87B0DCE-865D-40B9-AC4D-8AC9BA4D3EB6.jpeg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@gumper86 

Since the seller is the original purchaser of this phone, they are the ones that hold the warranty. BUT the warranty may be voided when they resold the item unless the warranty was transferrable.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@gumper86 

(removed reply)

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

This item shows that eBay is automatically including the Allstate warranty with every certified refurbished purchase. So I would expect eBay to have set that up, since it is their link.

I would try asking CS on social media. Include the item # and explain that it is eBay that shows a link to their inclusion of the warranty. If eBay needs to seller to do something, they should handle that with the seller.

Contact customer service by posting a private message on twitter or facebook, and they should help you.

www.facebook.com/ebay www.twitter.com/ebay

I would tell the seller that if he can't get it worked out with eBay, that you will contact your credit card issuer to open a charge back for deceptive advertising.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@wooden_flower  - this is very helpful. 

Warranties for "certified refurbished" are new to me, but found this page if it helps others:

https://pages.ebay.com/refurbishedprogramwarranty/index.html

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

This was all I had for a reply after reaching out to eBay through twitter message. All that says is use the order details as a proof of warranty with purchase, which is what I already sent to Allstate. 

897E3D07-5664-48D8-B1DD-81963CC5AE55.jpeg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@gumper86 

Do you have the email mentioned here -

The eBay Refurbished badge will act as proof of warranty when paired with a receipt. If you need to file a claim, contact Allstate directly and be prepared with the following: item receipt including order number, order confirmation email showing the eBay Refurbished badge and a link to the original listing.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I do not have that email. I would think the order number would have all the information necessary to pull up the warranty information.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay   velvet@ebay   jasmen@ebay 

What does the buyer need to do to get this "Certified refurbished" claim going with Allstate - isn't getting the answers or help they need. 

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@ferncliff-39 wrote:

tyler@ebay   velvet@ebay   jasmen@ebay 

What does the buyer need to do to get this "Certified refurbished" claim going with Allstate - isn't getting the answers or help they need. 

Hi @ferncliff-39! It's unfortunate that @gumper86 no longer has the confirmation email, as that is like keeping a receipt in and of itself. As the FAQ you included above states though, the badge in the link for the listing should also work. So they should be able to provide the receipt (order info in the Purchase History) and a link to the listing that appears to still be showing the eBay Refurbished badge. 

velvetebay_0-1643992449584.png

Velvet,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply