cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay failing to display many items when buyers search "price + shipping, lowest first".

Many of my listings completely disappear when buyers search "price + shipping , lowest first".  I have repeatedly advised eBay Customer Service of this problem and am always told that they will forward a ticket to their Tech Department. This has been going on for months. I am a Top Rated Plus seller on eBay and sell my products at the LOWEST price on eBay. My sales have plummeted because buyers are not seeing most my listings when looking for best price. Ebay CSRs have told me that they are receiving many complaints from sellers about this problem, yet their Tech department does not seem to be able to solve it. Frankly, I think that they simply don't give a **bleep**.  Regardless, it certainly seems that there needs to be some serious house cleaning within the Tech department and people with both the skills and desire to solve problems should be hired to replace most of them!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay failing to display many items when buyers search "price + shipping, lowest first".

I searched '2 way energy' sorted by lowest price and your items were shown right where they should be.  Mostly they were at the end, until you specify a quantity.  For the 48 you are second.

There's 55,000 listings under 'zippo', but when I selected the pinup category, your items were right where they should be.

What items are you having trouble finding?

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Specifically, the problem is occurring with one of what used to be my best-selling item, "Rapid Action Extreme", which I sell at the very lowest price on eBay. I have 4 different quantity listings for this product. They all appear when conducting a general search. Only one  (the 6   4-count packets) appears when doing a search using the Lowest Price + shipping" criterion. Customer service has been repeatedly advised of this problem and in fact, can see it themselves. They forward a work ticket to Tech and Tech does nothing to address the problem. I was told this morning by a CSR that eBay has had many similar complaints from various sellers for this same issue. I suspect that the problem lies within a flawed algorithm for this type of search. This should be easily resolved with any real effort by eBay Tech. Yet, the problem persists.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

OK, I see it - the other items are listed under 'results matching fewer words'.  I have never known what causes this, but I have seen it before.

You could try posting on the tech issues board -

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply