cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Global Shipping skipped on some items

Hi

I have used the eBay Global Shipping program for years with few problems, selling mostly books, DVDs and CDs.

But twice since it has moved from Kentucky (actually the Cincinnati airport) to the Chicago area this has happened:

I listed an item with the eBay global shipping program, but when the order came in I instead was given an overseas address and got some additional money for the shipping. This happened with a book to Denmark and now it just happened with a CD going to Italy.  (Most other global shipping orders have been correct with me mailing the item to I think Glendale Heights, Illinois.)

In both cases (using the eBay app on Android) I had copied the listing (sell similar) but when I did the shipping only chose the eBay global shipping option.

Again, this never happened even once when I was mailing the items to the Erlanger, Kentucky address.

Tom in Los Angeles 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay Global Shipping skipped on some items

The Global Shipping Program is being phased out. You have been converted to the eBay International Shipping Program.  Read this article:   eBay International Shipping | eBay

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi 

Thank you for your response, but my issue is that I am _not_ getting a shipping hub address (i.e. Glendale Heights) for some orders, but twice recently actually overseas addresses, once for Denmark and recently for Italy.  This never happened even once when I sent items to Erlanger Kentucky, i.e. the Cincinnati airport. (I think Pitney Bowes handled them there.)

But maybe I missed something in yiur replay.

Tom

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The only thing I can think of is that the items may not have qualified for the EIS shipping program. What was the cost of the items? The limit has been $150 and is scheduled to go up to $500, but I don't think that has happened yet. It's also possible that depending on the item they did not qualify. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@rombouts_books 

Just thought of this. Check your listings to see if this is turned on:

megamaroo_0-1674933788339.png

Message 5 of 5
latest reply