cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defective product, seller won't refund

I bought a camera and it didn't work properly.  I contacted seller and followed their instructions but was unable to get the camera to work.  I took video of the camera not functioning and the condition of the unit.  At seller's request, I sent the entire unit back to them.  As an extra precaution, I insured the unit for $1000, and I paid the shipping myself.  I confirmed the receipt of the unit and 3 weeks after had still heard nothing from the seller.  Finally, when I contacted him, he claimed the unit was broken and heavily used and would only offer to send it back to me.  I appealed with ebay but my appeal was closed before I had a chance to comment.  I will go after this seller in small claims court if I must but I am very disappointed in ebay's process; there is no protection for buyers!  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@crhawk19 

Ebay's  30 day Money Back Guarantee for buyers should have worked.

Within 30 days from date of delivery, did you file a Return Request before shipping it back and did you use the return shipping label that was provided?

If so, and the seller refused to issue the refund, did you go back to your Return Request and asked Ebay to step in to help you within 21 days?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I did return it within the 30-day period, but I shipped it myself (insured) and the idea was that the seller would fix it; I wasn't planning on returning it at that point.  When the seller sat on it for three weeks and then claimed it had been damaged, I realized I had a problem.   Ebay was worthless in terms of support; I can't even leave feedback to alert other buyers!  I have been buying things on ebay for decades and this is the first time I've had a problem of this magnitude.  This seller is a bad actor.  I am starting a claim with the better business bureau; not sure what else to do.  Very disappointed in ebay.  Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 3
latest reply