cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't leave feedback for buyer

When I try to leave feedback for a recent buyer, I click on the "leave feedback" button which brings me to a page where I have only one option:  a "positive" button.  Since this transaction was a positive one, I clicked on that and when I do, the text box is filled with comments that appear to be from the buyer.  I cannot delete or modify the comments with my own comments and the "submit" button is greyed out.  I don't see any other options to leave feedback.  This is the first and only time this has happened with recent transactions.  Any ideas on how to get past this obvious glitch?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't leave feedback for buyer

Hi @laconiangrey ,

Welcome to the new Feedback "enhancement" eBay recently implemented ... I have a thread on this topic and am waiting for them to confirm a method to opt out of it.  

The work around is to click on your Feedback number to open your Feedback history.  Next scroll to the bottom of the page and on the right is a Leave Feedback link, click that.  The next page will have the older FB format with your pre-typed FB access ...

Here's a link to the thread I mentioned if you would like to read about it.  Re: New Feedback Flow for Sellers - Page 5 - The eBay Community

Really sorry this latest "enhancement" is not "enhancing" your eBay experience.

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @laconiangrey ,

Welcome to the new Feedback "enhancement" eBay recently implemented ... I have a thread on this topic and am waiting for them to confirm a method to opt out of it.  

The work around is to click on your Feedback number to open your Feedback history.  Next scroll to the bottom of the page and on the right is a Leave Feedback link, click that.  The next page will have the older FB format with your pre-typed FB access ...

Here's a link to the thread I mentioned if you would like to read about it.  Re: New Feedback Flow for Sellers - Page 5 - The eBay Community

Really sorry this latest "enhancement" is not "enhancing" your eBay experience.

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@laconiangrey 

This is a recent change by Ebay, hopefully not permanent.

My way that I dealt with it is to place my cursor before the first letter of the pre-filled comment, then start typing my own comment. The prefilled comment disappears when I do that.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@*lady*madonna* wrote:

@laconiangrey 

This is a recent change by Ebay, hopefully not permanent.

My way that I dealt with it is to place my cursor before the first letter of the pre-filled comment, then start typing my own comment. The prefilled comment disappears when I do that.

@*lady*madonna*   Wow, the first time I saw the new FB flow I could NOT type anything in the box that had the eBay provided Feedback statement ... completely blocked from changing it ... 

Regards,
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That worked....thanks!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@laconiangrey wrote:

That worked....thanks!

@laconiangrey   You are more than welcome.  That's what we are here for ... 

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 6 of 6
latest reply