cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking someone from messaging me

Hello,  I have recently had an issue with a potential buyer that consistently is messaging me in an attempt to get me to lower the price of one of my items.  I have repeatedly said that at the moment I did not want to lower the price.  He/She is extremely pushy and rude.  A couple of weeks ago I decided to block him from bidding on my items and also block him from messaging me.  The block from bidding worked but not the block from messaging.  He has since messaged me twice.   The item recently sold, and I am awaiting payment.  I have a strong feeling that this person has created another account and won the auction just to spite me.  The winning bidder has zero feedback and the account has been recently created.  I can't prove this.  And so my question is how do I block this person or contact ebay to have him blocked?  The contact and help section does not have a category for doing this and I cannot leave feedback on this guys since we have not had any transactions.  Thank you.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: blocking someone from messaging me

Hi @chuymosca01 

The reason why the 'communication block' didn't work is that you had replied to the message(s).  [There is NEVER a good reason to reply REPEATEDLY to anyone being rude or pushy.  You ignore & block after the first message.]

You can cancel the auction sale on Day 5 ... choosing 'Buyer hasn't paid' as the reason ... and then block the Username.   [It doesn't matter whether or not it's the same person at that point.  Both ID's will be blocked.]

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@chuymosca01 

To place a member on your Blocked Buyer List:

https://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

To block them from messaging you: Go to your Buyer Requirements, scroll all the way to the bottom and put a checkmark in front of "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me"
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi thanks for the assist, I did this twice and somehow this person was still able to message me. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply