cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS observed Veterans Day November 10th 2023 Post Office Closed

Hello I am trying to get clarity as to why eBay customer service is having a difficult time understanding USPS being closed for drop offs on November 10 2023 to observe Veterans Day. I spoke with eBay CSR on 11/10/23 and informed CSR that eBay system is indicating I must ship packages out on 11/10/23, however unable to because USPS is observing Federal holiday. Veterans day is technically on 11/11/23 which is a Saturday however since holiday is on the weekend USPS observed holiday on Friday 11/10/23. I know I am not the only seller on eBay where local post office was closed not receiving packages on 11/10/23. Trying to see if any other seller is having difficult time with Tracking uploaded on time and validated in seller hub?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: USPS observed Veterans Day November 10th 2023 Post Office Closed

@trueambassador2006.  Are you saying that your post office was closed on Friday the 10th in addition to the 11th?    The official USPS announcement stated that they would only be closed on Saturday the 11th.

I

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

From the USPS site:  

2023 holidays

SATURDAY
November 11

Veterans Day

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My local post office was open on 11/10/23.  They told me they were closed on 11/11/23.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Since veterans day fell on Saturday Nov. 11th post office in my area was closed. As it's states on USPS website that show holidays that USPS will be closed for 2023. * If a holiday falls on a Saturday, for most USPS employees, the preceding Friday will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well I guess evry1nositswindy you obviously did not see the asterisk, * If a holiday falls on a Saturday, for most USPS employees, the preceding Friday will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. I guess the post office in my area was the only one in the continental US that was closed. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply