cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious seller mid-representation

I purchased several sapphires and had one set, intending to give it to my niece.  I decided to have it appraised, but the appraiser was unable to confirm it was a naturally-created and heat-treated sapphire originating from Ceylon/Sri Lanka as stated in the seller’s eBay description. As a result, I had my local jeweler send it to the Gemological Institute of America.  I received the GIA report today, which identifies the stone as a lab-creation, not a natural sapphire as represented.  This was a very surprising and disappointing discovery.  Had it been disclosed as a lab-created stone, my decisions about buying it in the first place, let alone my costs for setting, appraisal and authentication would have been quite different.  I have messaged the seller about it and included a copy of the GIA report. What seems much more difficult is engaging eBay in preventing similar misrepresentations and monitoring the seller.  None of the transaction/help options seem on-point.  I’d also like to revise my feedback on my transactions with this seller, but don’t see a way to do that. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0