cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller moved & reported new address AFTER I shipped her item.

After I shipped an item, the seller said she had a different address, then the box could no longer be tracked at a point. She said for me to give her my pay pal or venmo number so she could pay for the extra postage. Then coincidentally, I started to get spammed in my email with "package undeliverable" notices that did not originate from the USPS. Today I saw that the same package was sent back to me, YET TRACKING CLAIMED IT WAS UNTRACEABLE! Years ago I would have just sent the box to the new address. Now I want ebay to intervene, but cannot directly contact a representative. I keep getting rerouted to HELP articles. How do I proceed?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@blueridgeliesa 

Never give out your Paypal or Venmo info to a buyer. They do not need that information.

You followed correct procedure in that you shipped to the address Ebay provided.

Do not rely on emails that come from anywhere else except Ebay & USPS regarding shipping status.

If you experience any issues tracking items you've sold, or if the tracking information on eBay is different from the details displayed on the shipping carrier site, try the following:

• Check that you've uploaded the correct tracking number. The tracking number on eBay should match the tracking number on the shipping carrier site
  • If the uploaded tracking number is correct, make sure the carrier name and details are also accurate
  • Compare the date the order was confirmed and the date the tracking number was uploaded to eBay to see if there is a significant lapse of time. Most shipping companies can only send tracking information during a specific time frame, so tracking information may have been uploaded too late
*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you

Should I just ship it to her new address? I have screenshots of each conversation.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@blueridgeliesa wrote:

Thank you

Should I just ship it to her new address? I have screenshots of each conversation.

@blueridgeliesa 

NO.

Cancel the transaction and relist. She can re-purchase the item using the correct shipping address.

Honestly speaking, I would block the buyer.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you. I am not an active seller, so it's a learning experience. I've never had this happen before.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply