cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalled Item

There is currently a listing on eBay for OE-34 solar panels.  There was a class action lawsuit over those panels starting fires, and it was strongly recommended to remove any currently in use.  Here is a link to the lawsuit. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/open-energy-34-watt-solar-tile-cl... 

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Recalled Item

Use the REPORT button on the listing.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

OK, I tried that.  I also contacted the seller.  I just don't want anyone to buy those and have a fire.  I already have some of the identical solar panels and can't use them because they are unsafe.  

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You can also report it to the manufacturer who can have ebay remove the listing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't know how to do that, but the seller responded .  He didn't know.  Hopefully he will take the listing down.  I'm not trying to be a crummy person, I just don't want some eBayer to have a fire.

- Leo Buscaglia
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you own some yourself and the manufacturer is under a recall notice, you need to contact them to replace or update yours.  If you can't find the manufacturer, search for a dealer or distributor who may be able to help you further.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I own some.  Thanks for the idea.  I will contact the manufacturer on Monday, or as soon as they're open because of the holiday.  I was looking for more, saw the eBay listing (which is still up for the identical OE-34 solar panels), and then, fortunately, found out about them before doing any more.  

I have serious issues with somebody knowingly selling a recalled fire hazard.  I did send the seller a link to the results of the class action suit to prove it, but--the listing is still active.  smh.  

- Leo Buscaglia
Message 7 of 7
latest reply