cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Views Reset - Annoying Change

I’ve been an eBay seller since 1998 and certainly the site has evolved and changed over the years. I have an eBay store and non-auction listings renew monthly. I used to see cumulative item views, seemingly from date of listing, but now it seems the counter is reset monthly. I depended upon item views to gauge pricing. But now most of my items have 0 or 1 view(s) whereas before I had items with view counts into the thousands. 

What happened? And why?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Item Views Reset - Annoying Change

@deaner55 wrote:

I’ve been an eBay seller since 1998 and certainly the site has evolved and changed over the years. I have an eBay store and non-auction listings renew monthly. I used to see cumulative item views, seemingly from date of listing, but now it seems the counter is reset monthly. I depended upon item views to gauge pricing. But now most of my items have 0 or 1 view(s) whereas before I had items with view counts into the thousands. 

What happened? And why?

the views are now 'real' people viewing, not bots, and are not from years and years of piling on

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Item Views Reset - Annoying Change

ebay changed the way they display the number of Views:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-spring/business#traffic

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 3
latest reply