cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion fee's

Hello,

I have a basic store with 1300 items to sell. A basic store gets 1000 free insertions per month. I find I am running out of fee insertion fee's every month. I am wondering if there is something I can do to avoid paying the fee's other than paying for a store upgrade?

Thank you

Blessed0000 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Insertion fee's

@blessed0000   I don't know if you sell any of these types of items that you receive 10k free fixed priced listings a month with a basic store>    

Sellers can use the additional allocation of fixed price listings in the following select categories:

• Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books & Magazines
  • Movies & TV
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Stamps
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

You do receive the 1k fixed price PLUS 250 auction listings a month.  Are you using the Auction listings in these categories>  

• If you have a Basic, Premium, Anchor, or Enterprise Store, you can only use your zero insertion fee auction-style listings allocation in the following categories:
    • Antiques
    • Art
    • Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
    • Coins & Paper Money
    • Collectibles
    • Dolls & Bears
    • Entertainment Memorabilia
    • Health & Beauty
    • Jewelry & Watches
    • Pottery & Glass
    • Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop
    • Stamps
    • Toys & Hobbies

I see you have some clothing listed so you could list those as auctions instead of fixed price as part of the 250 allotment.  

Jumping to a Premium Store may not be the best option for your bottom line.    

Monthly rate is $74.95  and annual subscription monthly is $59.95  

Instead I would try rotating my inventory ( end and leave items in unsold up to 90 days)   and have less active listings that have a higher sell through rate.  To determine sell through rates you need to look at active listings for the same item and see how many are listed VS how many have sold in the last 90 days.   Make sure your prices are competitive too.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply