cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a buyer who claims item not as described, I offered full refund and told I would pay shipping

Buyer is impossible, Ebay is not helping, they tell me one thing one day, then tell me Customer Service was wrong the next day.

I sold a piece of jewelry, that appears to have some damage. I did not state condition, I provided several photos on listing and told bidders to review the photos to determine condition for themselves. Regardless, buyer asked to return item. I responded immediately saying of course, no problem, just send it back. I then followed up with inquiries into their reasons for return. That is when I discovered the damage. Regardless, I offered full refund. A day later buyer asks me to send return shipping label, I do not know how to do that so I advised I would pay for it, just let me know how much. He comes back again and said no, I am waiting for you to send one. I contacted ebay, told them the story, the ebay service rep said, don't worry, We will have buyer ship it to you. To make sure I understood, I repeated her instructions, she said, hold tight, wait until buyer returns the item, then issue refund.  2 days later buyer has escalated it. I want this fixed, I just have no idea how to buy and send a return label. I watched a video on youtube, but I think that option had expired after the initial 4 day window.

Ebay is being unclear, and really the buyer is being unreasonable. I want to refund, but ebay said not to refund until I get item back.

UGH

I am in a chicken/egg situation

View Entire Topic

You issue the shipping label in the request by accepting the return.

All of this is done within the request.

If eBay has already stepped in it's too late to do that now and you will receive a defect. Has eBay stepped in yet?

The buyer is not being unreasonable. It's your responsibility as a seller to know how to resolve buyer issues.

You always state the condition of items. Buyers can't pick up the item and examine it.