cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a buyer who claims item not as described, I offered full refund and told I would pay shipping

Buyer is impossible, Ebay is not helping, they tell me one thing one day, then tell me Customer Service was wrong the next day.

I sold a piece of jewelry, that appears to have some damage. I did not state condition, I provided several photos on listing and told bidders to review the photos to determine condition for themselves. Regardless, buyer asked to return item. I responded immediately saying of course, no problem, just send it back. I then followed up with inquiries into their reasons for return. That is when I discovered the damage. Regardless, I offered full refund. A day later buyer asks me to send return shipping label, I do not know how to do that so I advised I would pay for it, just let me know how much. He comes back again and said no, I am waiting for you to send one. I contacted ebay, told them the story, the ebay service rep said, don't worry, We will have buyer ship it to you. To make sure I understood, I repeated her instructions, she said, hold tight, wait until buyer returns the item, then issue refund.  2 days later buyer has escalated it. I want this fixed, I just have no idea how to buy and send a return label. I watched a video on youtube, but I think that option had expired after the initial 4 day window.

Ebay is being unclear, and really the buyer is being unreasonable. I want to refund, but ebay said not to refund until I get item back.

UGH

I am in a chicken/egg situation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)