cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle return to sender package

I sold an item to someone and shipped it out right away using eBay’s print shipping label option.   I took it to the post office and dropped it in the parcel drop.  I do this almost every day.  This item went to the buyers region and then came all the way back to me as undeliverable.  I researched the address and see the buyer input the wrong zip code on their account.  I contacted the buyer and after 6 days they have not responded to me.  What should I do?  I really can’t afford to ship this item again free of charge.  How long should I wait for the buyer to respond before I can relist the item?  Should I be responsible to ship the item again at my expense?  Should I give the buyer a partial refund?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: How to handle return to sender package

It happens a lot more than you would think. You are not responsible for shipping the item again at your expense. If this happened to me, I would refund the buyer the purchase price minus the shipping cost (so just what they paid for the item). The fact that the item was returned as undeliverable means the eBay Money Back Guarantee no longer applies, so you can go ahead and relist it.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 2
latest reply