cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable combined shipping in Seller Hub

I am a seller and need to have combined shipping available.  I always used it before, BUT in this round of items I sold yesterday, eBay has NOT done combined shipping -- despite there being THREE auction winners each buying two items.  Is this a glitch ???   Is there a place in Seller Hub to tell eBay to USE combined shipping when possible ? Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I can't find "Seller Preferences" to look there (but I think that is where "Enable combined shipping" (or however it was worded) appeared before - I'm oif course in Managed Payments and using Seller Hub . .  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to enable combined shipping in Seller Hub

@timestreasuresllc   It sounds like you want to have automatic combined shipping?   This works if you have it set up on your listings and the buyer checks out in one payment from their cart.  AND you do not have any immediate payment required items, eBay Authenticity Guaranteed items, or eBay International Shipping Program items.   

The "allow combined shipping"  setting doesn't automatically combine shipping for you, it allows the buyer to request an invoice from their cart IF you don't have shipping rules set up.   OR you can send an invoice once the items are awaiting shipment.  

Please see this post I made about how to use combined shipping rules and let me know if you have any questions>  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Just-making-a-Post-that-I-can-refer-sellers-to-for-combined/m...

My example is for a flat rate shipping rule but you can also use a calculated shipping rule.  Keep in mind that the calculated shipping rule can only combine WEIGHTS and doesn't consider dimensions. When the box is over 1 cubic foot you have dimensional weight surcharges.   

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@timestreasuresllc   It sounds like you want to have automatic combined shipping?   This works if you have it set up on your listings and the buyer checks out in one payment from their cart.  AND you do not have any immediate payment required items, eBay Authenticity Guaranteed items, or eBay International Shipping Program items.   

The "allow combined shipping"  setting doesn't automatically combine shipping for you, it allows the buyer to request an invoice from their cart IF you don't have shipping rules set up.   OR you can send an invoice once the items are awaiting shipment.  

Please see this post I made about how to use combined shipping rules and let me know if you have any questions>  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Just-making-a-Post-that-I-can-refer-sellers-to-for-combined/m...

My example is for a flat rate shipping rule but you can also use a calculated shipping rule.  Keep in mind that the calculated shipping rule can only combine WEIGHTS and doesn't consider dimensions. When the box is over 1 cubic foot you have dimensional weight surcharges.   

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi @timestreasuresllc 

In addition to @comics-scifi-collectibles 's reply I get it both ways.  Some Buyers win one auction, pay for it then win another one and pay for that too.  If they waited they could request and updated invoice which would allow me to combine shipping prior to sending the invoice.

I also get Buyers who pay all items at one time without an updated invoice, my Combined shipping ADDS all shipping costs and I refund the overage.

Right now the default for Auctions without BIN is that immediate payments is NOT required.  Although eBay may be playing with this setting on select accounts as part of a test.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 3
latest reply