cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i switch from Classic to Mobile

Hi,

How do i switch from Classic to Mobile on Android phone? I read a similar question to this, & the answer was "there's a link at the bottom of the page", but there is no such link on my phone / page. Idk why they make this so hard. Anyone?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@josbilye_0   The method to access the full desktop site is different now.  

Use your phone's browser and go to ebay.com and request the desktop site.  You will then have the same site as on a pc. You will have to zoom a lot but it does work. 
If it reverts to the mobile site then see below.

Android:
Chrome> Ebay.com> select the 3 dot Chrome menu in the upper right hand corner> select use desktop site

Iphone:
How to request the desktop version of a website in mobile Safari
Visit the affected site in Safari.
Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
Tap Request Desktop Site.

The website will then reload as its desktop version
When the site resets, there is a blue square menu icon in the upper left corner. It must be clicked to reveal the sidebar showing the boxes to be checked for sold, complete, etc.

If the desktop site reverts to the eBay app:

If you have an Android device, then using the device manager, under Settings: Apps: eBay: Open by default -- there is a setting called "Open supported links" holding that down gives three choices: "Open in this app" "Ask every time" and "Don't open in this app". Choose "Don't open in this app". Changing that setting should prevent browser links from opening up in the app automatically.

If you have a Chromebook, open Chromebook Settings, scroll down to Google Play Store and select it. Select "Manage Android Preferences". From there the above instructions should work -- go to Apps: eBay: Open by default: Open supported links: "Don't open in this app". Then back out of the settings and you should be all set.

If you have an iOS device, try holding down the link -- you should see some options about how the link is opened that should be remembered for the next time you open such a link.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,

Im already at the classic desktop site, im trying to switch to the Mobile site on my Android phone.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@josbilye_0. The option to switch has been missing for awhile now. 

Your only options on a cell phone ate the full desktop site or the app. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply