cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!! Uploading Bulk Listings - I Keep getting the same error no matter what.

Hello, 

I decided to finally start selling more items on ebay, but I need to upload them as a bulk excel sheet. Too many items to do this one by one. I followed the instructions for the bulk listings template, double checked, triple checked and everything is filled out. This is the error I keep getting 

Error 37 / Error - Input data for tag <Item.ShippingDetails> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.|Item.ShippingDetails|

My shipping info is filled in, setup on my policy page, etc. Contacted seller support and they said the sheet that they see is blank, but the sheet I have on my side is fully filled out. 

HELP!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

HELP!!!! Uploading Bulk Listings - I Keep getting the same error no matter what.

@harbormotorsports619 

Sounds to me like the shipping input doesn't match the current layout.  Its possible the template no longer aligns with the current website use of shipping details.

I have never used this method myself, I don't sell that large of an amount of items.  But generally, an error like that means pretty much what it says.  It's having an issue when it gets to importing your shipping settings.

And with all the recent changes and shipping fixes, its probably a case of the template/instructions haven't caught up to the recent changes, thus causing import errors.

Not sure if you can bypass that part, and configure the shipping with a policy directly, or use a different shipping configuration though.

However, you could try a simpler method or two:

Clear out cache files for eBay, log out, close browser, restart browser, log back in and try again, or even try a different browser.

Try creating a brand new template, and setup like 10 items for import as a test. (start smaller).

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I appreciate you taking the time to help. I'll try uploading 1 item and see where the issue is. I've checked my settings in my policy page, use the exact setting name down to being case-sensitive, etc. It's so weird. 

I'll try lesser amount of listings. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@harbormotorsports619 

No worries.  Its not one of those things I run into a lot, so bit harder to give you an exact answer.  Perhaps another Mentor may have more relevant information to add at some point too. 😁

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 4 of 4
latest reply