cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from buyers

We have had our account on eBay for over 22 years. In the past 18 months only 38% of our sales have generated feedback. We have done everything possible to get 100% feedback. We have NO complaints; we package well; ship same day when we can; we appear to have no unsatisfied customers. At times, we have also tried including a "request for feedback" in with the sale. Still no response. Are other sellers having this problem? Seems like we always got close to 100% feedback in years past, but not anymore. What is eBay doing to get buyers to leave feedback? Or is this the new 'Norm"?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feedback from buyers

ebay sends out several reminders for buyers to leave feedback, so I don't suggest you add to that, as it often makes buyers unhappy.  After 20+ years of selling, I find that more buyers are leaving feedback less frequently.  I don't worry about it.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have left 685 feedback ratings and received 633. That is a pretty good yield, even if much of that is for buying.

Some users wait until they receive feedback until leaving feedback, so you may be able to increase the feedback you receive by leaving it first rather than waiting, if that is what you are doing.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

With all due respect, I understand why you don't worry about it. You have over 8000 reviews, for us "casual" sellers, every review can mean a lot. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

We always leave a review upon shipment. In my view, the buyer's responsibility ends upon successful payment. Can't say that about some sellers. I asked one seller why they hadn't left a review for several items I purchased and his response was that he only leaves reviews AFTER the buyer does.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply