cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping Hub

An item that was sold to New Zealand on Feb 15, 2024, was sent USPS First Classe via eBay International Shipping. It was received at the Consolidation Center on Feb 18th, 2024. On Feb 26, 2024, the tracking states "shipment is being returned due to issues encountered."  As of March 3, 2024, I have not received this item back and per eBay's help section I understand the item may not be returned to me.  As a courtesy, I am willing to refund the buyer for the purchase even though I do not have it back. The shipping was $38 and the buyer is upset that I am not refunding her for that. I told her to open a claim with eBay for item not received and to open a claim with USPS because the item was insured to $100. Is there another way to handle this? Is there a direct line to talk to someone at eBay to help me resolve this and track down the item? Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you sent this item via EIS, the buyer needs to file an Item Not Received with ebay.  Since the item was shipped using EIS, then ebay refunds the buyer, and you get to keep the payment.  That is one of the perks of using the EIS.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@michellelle 

Since you paid to ship the item to the buyer, you are the one to file the claim with USPS.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Does this count if she paid for shipping? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I need to clarify that the buyer paid for the shipping, I did not offer free shipping. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you sent this item via EIS, the buyer needs to file an Item Not Received with ebay.  Since the item was shipped using EIS, then ebay refunds the buyer, and you get to keep the payment.  That is one of the perks of using the EIS.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply