cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this qualify as extortion? If I don’t hear from you today I will leave very negative feedback

I recently received a negative from my first partial refund scammer. 

he only needed a very minor flaw in my description to give him the power. 

He even states in his messages that he didnt purchase my item based on the photo but only on the description.

I received the feedback threat at 9:48 in the morning and I responded at 3:46pm when I got home from work.

Because his message was priority to me I asked him what can I do to make things better? 

He never requested money or return of the item, but was clearly hinting at something...

I soon began to wonder if he had already left the neg. and sure enough there it was. 

2 separate calls to ebay only got me more frustrated as his feedback doesnt violate any policies and is his expressed opinion. 

I learned from other sellers to simply let the buyer know they can return the item. So I did.

His response was   "Or you could send me 20.00 for a partial refund".

If anyone agrees this was a prs, I will display my negative proudly.

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Does this qualify as extortion? If I don’t hear from you today I will leave very negative feedback

@shan1seven20 

Report the buyer for feedback extortion.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact us".

Just a comment.....a very wise seller once said "take pictures as if there is no description and describe the item as if there are no pictures".

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for the wise words. 

I did report buyer and got a response in under 10 minutes. Nothing the buyer did was wrong.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply