cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer return item with a different gift box

The buyer return the necklace with a different box that the one that was sent...My boxes are black velvet.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buyer return item with a different gift box

Hi @tanisia99 

Here are your Seller protections: Seller protections | eBay

If the boxes you supply have value and the item they returned was the one they purchased and in the same condition as purchased then you can deduct the cost of the special box from the refund.

Report the Buyer, add them to your blocked list on this page: Buyer Management | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi!

Thanks for the advise....I have sent the buyer a note regarding the deduction of $3.00 from their refund. Should I wait for a response or should I proceed with the refund?

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@tanisia99 wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for the advise....I have sent the buyer a note regarding the deduction of $3.00 from their refund. Should I wait for a response or should I proceed with the refund?

Thanks again.

@tanisia99   If they returned the item you only have 2 days to refund or else they can have the claim closed getting 100% of their money back and you get a strike on your account affecting your Seller Metrics.  While it was nice you messaged them you can actually add a note in the Refund flow explaining why you refunded what you did ... you can repeat that message to them int he Refund flow.

If a Buyer returns something different or something in a different condition I Report them via the link on the item plus add them to my Blocked list ... how you handle that is your choice of course.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 4
latest reply