cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a locked phone as unlocked - Don't buy unlocked phones on eBay

Hi,

I bought a supposed Samsung S23 Ultra unlocked phone on eBay. The phone came and I was able to set up my number on the phone. However, after a Samsung update on the phone it said network locked and now I can't make or receive calls or texts. I went to my carrier and they said the code that I see, an MCK network lock, means that the seller hasn't paid off the phone. To get the phone unlocked the seller has to contact the carrier and resolve the issue. Of course, the seller is now not responding to my correspondence. I have paid for a phone that I can't use because the seller said no returns, eBay won't help me because it is out of the window and doesn't back up their money back guarantee. Just a warning to others, don't buy unlocked phones on eBay, you have no protection if the seller isn't honest.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@byro_bohne 

If you are beyond the 30 day window for filing a Return Request on Ebay, you can file a dispute through Paypal if you used Paypal or contact your payment source.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@byro_bohne 

If you are beyond the 30 day window for filing a Return Request on Ebay, you can file a dispute through Paypal if you used Paypal or contact your payment source.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 2
latest reply