cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a potential problem buyer. Very difficult to speak to a live agent.

I was contacted on a best offer sale.  After coming from an absurdly low offer to an agreeable one, came the questions.  Why was my shipping cost what it was?  I broke it down for him.  He was "only" 5-6000 miles away, however, still in the US.  He said he would take the price.  It told him, that is was + shipping.  No response.  So I didn't respond.  Due to the nature of our back and forth emails, I decided to block him, as I can tell a future headache when I come across it.

My question is how was he able to circumvent the block and contact me by text, wanting to know if I blocked him.   My setting is set up for NO CONTACT after being blocked.  No one else has, that I blocked.

ALSO, it has gotten very difficult, if not impossible to contact a live agent.....why??

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bayaneer 

If memory serves, the block applies to future active listings and not an existing transaction that is in progress regardless of the transaction status.

Texting on your mobile device is outside eBay's messaging system so you will have to block his number on your mobile device.

Trying to get a live agent has been an issue for quite some time, not impossible but yes, difficult.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hi @bayaneer 

If memory serves, the block applies to future active listings and not an existing transaction that is in progress regardless of the transaction status.

Texting on your mobile device is outside eBay's messaging system so you will have to block his number on your mobile device.

Trying to get a live agent has been an issue for quite some time, not impossible but yes, difficult.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 2
latest reply