cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being scammed?

I’m new to the selling things on eBay. I sold and shipped an item, and it said it was delivered. but item was not delivered to address but said it was picked up by individual at post office. Not sure what to do. The only option I have really is a refund. But if that’s the case can someone just lie and say it was not received and get full refund back? Please help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Am I being scammed?

Hi @mimzd_44 

The tracking statement that the Buyer picked it up is the same as "attempted delivery" and "Delivered" to address, porch, etc.  You are protected if the Buyer files a claim they did not receive their item.  

If a Buyer files that type of claim YOU upload the tracking number to the claim for your protection.

Since you are new then you need to know that you will have MORE flexibility by Accepting returns instead of using the No returns accepted setting, it is NOT a protection against returns AND Buyers who know how eBay works can use one of several return reasons that bypass that setting and force YOU to pay the return shipping AND refund when you get the item back.  If you decline a return you are at risk for the Buyer asking eBay to step in, force the refund and let the Buyer keep the item.  eBay's MBG does NOT mean no refunds for Buyers. 

If you accept returns and offer 30 day FREE returns you have the most flexibility and Seller protections.  While you are not Top Rated yet you still have protections and can read about them here: Seller protections | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Am I being scammed?

Hi @mimzd_44 

A likely scenario is that the buyer was or does have his mail held at the post office for pickup. There is nothing you need to do unless the buyer is reporting a problem. When the buyer picks up his item at the post office, that is the same as a delivery scan.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Am I being scammed?

Hi @mimzd_44 

The tracking statement that the Buyer picked it up is the same as "attempted delivery" and "Delivered" to address, porch, etc.  You are protected if the Buyer files a claim they did not receive their item.  

If a Buyer files that type of claim YOU upload the tracking number to the claim for your protection.

Since you are new then you need to know that you will have MORE flexibility by Accepting returns instead of using the No returns accepted setting, it is NOT a protection against returns AND Buyers who know how eBay works can use one of several return reasons that bypass that setting and force YOU to pay the return shipping AND refund when you get the item back.  If you decline a return you are at risk for the Buyer asking eBay to step in, force the refund and let the Buyer keep the item.  eBay's MBG does NOT mean no refunds for Buyers. 

If you accept returns and offer 30 day FREE returns you have the most flexibility and Seller protections.  While you are not Top Rated yet you still have protections and can read about them here: Seller protections | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 3
latest reply