cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about selling mirror

When I bought this mirror on ebay in 2005 from a UK seller, the title of the ad was “Original Art Deco Oval Gilt Wall Mirror”.  Is “Original Art Deco” a fair description?  Now I’d like to sell it, but am not sure how to write the ad, as I don’t know anything else about the piece.

Also, how does one ship something like this?  It’s 33” x 21” x 1.75” D, and weighs 12.8 pounds.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

mirror_frame_detail.JPGmirror_full_photo.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Questions about selling mirror

JMHO, it looks like a "classic" design to me, I see nothing that is Art Deco. What does the back look like?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Many people throw the term Art Deco around with no idea of the style behind it. It is defined as : the predominant decorative art style of the 1920s and 1930s, characterized by precise and boldly delineated geometric shapes and strong colors, and used most notably in household objects and in architecture.

The following link shows a search for Art Deco mirrors. https://www.google.com/search?q=art+deco+wall+mirror&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ve...

Yours could be from that period but it is not Art Deco design.

As stated above your mirror seems to be a classic design not inspired by Art Deco. As far as shipping since it was shipped to you successfully you should have a good idea how to pack it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your help.  The back is wood, with 2 hooks for hanging it.mirror_back.JPG

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Looking at the back I would say it is old, possibly 1920s-30s. So of the period but not Art Deco in style as B&B said. It's a very pretty mirror Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
latest reply