cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for info on this antique (?) chandelier

Hey there,

I am hoping someone can help me with this chandelier. My mother told me (years ago), it was an antique but I am thingking its just "vintage". I am unable to find any identifying marks on it.

Its approx. 18" side to side and about 26" from top to bottom.

There is a type of paper wrapped around the "candle" area. Most of which has deteriorated over time. Grapes or something, hang down from the top center. They look to be painted.

There are what look like flower buds attached to stems coming up from the bottom center.

I thought it was rod iron but now not so sure due to the copper-colored areas.

The bulbs are newer.

I really am clueless here so ANY thoughts, help, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

IMG_9693.jpgIMG_9694.jpgIMG_9695.jpgIMG_9696.jpgIMG_9697.jpgIMG_9699.jpgImg_9692x.pngIMG_9698.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Looking for info on this antique (?) chandelier

6 REPLIES 6

@penee4urthoughts 

Since I doubt that this item is 100 years old (or older), it would not be an "antique."

Possibly Lightolier?  They manufactured quite a number of huge ceiling fixtures, similar to that.

If you have access to a lighting repair shop, they may be able to provide more info -- even a contemporary lighting fixture store may have a clue amongst its older employees.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi Davy,

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, the only lighting shop around me (other then HD & Lowes) went out of business years ago  😞

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There are other specialized "vintage" lighting parts and repair shops online.  You may have to do some "hit or miss" digging to find one that might match your photos with products that they might recognize.

Any UL statements anywhere on this fixture (maybe inside the paper cylinders)?

It might also be a Thomas fixture, as well -- or Moe -- even possibly Progress.  But to me, it mostly resembles a Lightolier, maybe pre-1970s.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi Davy, 

Nothing at all, no UL statements, no marks, no numbers, nata  😞

I tried using google images on the full light and then various specifics, but it only brought up other chandeliers. Nothing even close.  I will do some more digging around with the info you gave me and see what transpires.  Thank you again for your help.  🙂

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This may not help, but I found a possible match.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/art-nouveau-deco-5-light-chandelier-ceiling

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

WOW orphie...WTG! Not exact but pretty darn close. THANK YOU so much!! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply