cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this item worth more than its going to sell???

Hey guys, quick question. While cleaning our attic last year I found a few unopened packages of USSR photo paper. (We lived in Ukraine) One of them was one I recognized from a book as being rare and uncommon. So I put it up for bidding , now I am worried that maybe it is worth more than it's going to sell... Its already too late because I put it up a while ago and it got 2 bids(( But I thought maybe someone would be able to tell me that its not worth that much. Thanks everyone!

This is the item

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is this item worth more than its going to sell???

I doubt if anyone here on the antiques group will be able to tell you what it is worth.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

A lesson ALL sellers need to learn...something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I know i'm dense but what can be the value of photo paper that expired 35 years ago?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My guess is that someone who does vintage photography might want it,but how many folks out there do that ?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@johnnycb09 wrote:

A lesson ALL sellers need to learn...something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

How true.  My father used to tell me the same thing as a kid when we sold at the flea markets back in the 1980s.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Did you do a search of completed listings for similar items to compare?

This didn't sell for $20.00, basically the cost for shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pack-1958-Soviet-VINTAGE-unopened-Photo-paper-LENINGRAD-Russia-USSR-Rare/...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply