cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify this furniture maker's mark ?

I purchased this Buffet 25 years ago from a "Danish" Antique Dealer.  There is no doubt that this is hand carved and rosewood inlay.  I have no idea if it is identifiable by it's markings, but an exhaustive amount of time has been spent trying to figure out if it is marked by a specific maker?  There are two markings...one on the buffet itself which is the red stamp and then the hand carved pieces on the buffet have an oval pressed stamp.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can anyone identify this furniture maker's mark ?

the stamp mark is invisible and the other mark has no detail.  there is no way to ID with the pictures provided.  I am wondering if the carved parts were added later as the wood and style are quite different from the rest of the cabinet.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

From what little we can see Id say its a turn of the century golden oak sideboard that has been refinished to within an inch of its life. Thats why the stamp is so blurry.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

stamp is on the back which has no finish on it.  I would say next to impossible to refinish this piece.  It is full of inlay and rosewood.  The pic is blurry, but the stamp is not.  Just very light.  Thanks for you opinion.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Can we get a full pic?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

the piece is not golden oak. hard to tell exactly what it is from just the small close-ups. That carving detail in the second picture is  20th century though. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Any piece of wooden furniture can be refinished unless it is encased in carbonite.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply