cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping to get some help with this please

Posted in an art group with no reply, so...

Can anyone translate or guess the signature for me?  I have tried so many combinations now with no luck.  Took on the prints out of the frame and seems like it is on heavy cardstock of some sort, but I can feel lumps and bumps..particularly in the white details of the skirt and around the sleeve edges  No dots under magnification either. Any clues appreciated!!!001.JPG002.JPG059.JPG061.JPG

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

OP,

Can you post a close-up of the writing at the bottom right hand corner of both prints.?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm sure they are both prints depicting Greek girls in Traditional costume/dress.

Those shoes with the wool pom poms are Opanke style.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Of course...thanks for your replies!

063.JPG006.JPG

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Could they be watercolours? sure they are prints? funny that the white parts should be bumpy? just sayin.... 😉

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am VERY limited on knowledge when it comes to art. I only know to look for dots and was told sometimes prints don't have dots anyway, so.....all I do know is that they are beautifully colored and the backboard they are attached to has discoloration that I would expect to see if they have been behind glass for awhile. I mentioned the texture because I was surprised by it. I was hoping to figure out the artist so that I coud research from there. Appreciate the comments!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Perhaps you could take a q-tip and wet it and lightly go over an inconspicuous part and see if any colour comes up. Looked in Google images and entered them on tineye.com (a reverse image search engine, very handy for prints and signatures) but nothing similar. They are quite pretty aren't they!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply