cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A silver scissor like tool

IMG_20141230_232702.JPGIMG_20141230_220856.JPGPlease help me ID this tool. It is silver. No clue what it was used for. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: A silver scissor like tool

Hi I belive they are Grape or wick shears. 

Myra
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi, Since it doesn't appear to have a cutting edge, I am wondering if it is more along the lines of a seafood or nut cracker. Alison

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Does it have a groove on both insides that would hold something and how old do you think the mark is sterling , standing lion , 925 my first hunch is depending on its age is a fancy servants serving piece or a string puller from a Cornish hen type dish that would be tied with string good luck let me know if you find out definetly I would way out grapes in as much as through out history the grape was best plucked by hand from the bunch possibly a thick whales lamp wick smotherer not sheer in that it does not appear to be sharp the string from baking a hen need not be cut but pulled
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi, Those are a pair of Grape Shears. You know, the Victorians had a tool for everything, Pickle Forks, Olive Spoons, etc. Your shears were used to cut the grapes away from the cluster. Hope this helps, Happy New Year!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I thought you had been in my kitchen drawer when I first saw your picture. Grape scissors could be what they are but also Rose Sheers. Try this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CLAUSS-GARDEN-CLUB-ROSE-FLOWER-HOLDING-SHEARS-SCISSORS-ORIGINAL-BOX-...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply