cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opinion on my bracelet

Have had this bracelet for sometime. I was thinking of listing it. Did a search on eBay with one that looks just like mine but with blue stones. The listing says 14k price $764.

I know we thought my bracelet was worth about them out if it is. Messaged seller asking how they knew it was  14 K gold. They said they tested it.

I want to share with you mine and you could let me know does it does look like 14 K gold to you?. Plus I didn’t want to scratch the bracelet with a test that’s why I’m asking as well. 

Thank you

5BDC419C-4CED-45F2-BCDC-6C851AA192CA.jpeg

E7244F8E-C251-41FB-A309-EC003E356952.jpeg

5FB98F9F-7D3E-456E-A58D-AC95CC1FCD29.jpeg

baybgrlus
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: opinion on my bracelet

You honestly cannot tell if it is 14k gold just by pictures.   I circled where it looks like another metal is peeking thru. The best thing to do is scratch test it. A lot of really good jewelry is made with that fold over lock clasp but I’ve also had costume pieces made with it as well. 

good luck 

D88704AA-E9B0-42AE-9BC0-32CC19D42423.jpeg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Does the CZ stand for cubic zirconia?  If it does, I can't imagine they would put cubic zirconia in 14K.  It is a beautiful bracelet!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think it might but I do have 14k rings with CZ in them so it’s not entirely impossible 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Nothing is impossible!  I hope it is 14k 🙂

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

never heard of cz meaning something other than cubic zirconia so probably does mean that but anything’s possible. usually gold wouldn’t be paired with it, i have seen bracelets of the same mold made of different metals, maybe get it tested

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This bracelet does not look like 14k gold to me. The cz means cubic zirconia. This bracelet is newer even if you have owned it for awhile. Most newer jewelry has marks for gold and silver purity if it is made of gold or silver. If the manufacturer took the time to mark cz on it, they would have taken the time to mark it 14k or another metal purity mark such as 585 or 750  or even 925 or 950 for silver. If it was gold, the gold content would be worth much more than the cz content and thus better for marketing of it.

I would suggest you take it into a reputable jewelry who can test it for you. (It should be free. or cost a nominal amount.) They may not need to scratch it but might apply acid to a less obvious worn area near the hinge or clasp and look through a loupe for the reaction.  You cannot tell if something is gold or silver just by looking at it. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply