Antique & Vintage Jewelry by Design
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Vintage Gold Over Sterling Hoops

Was hoping to get some insite from y’alls knowledge base. Does this look like amber or Bakelite? Marked SS and shined up beautifully when dipped in silver cleaner. But I’m having a little trouble on the other! Thanks in advance!

3F09F373-9DC2-4A80-925B-EBC068028FDF.jpeg 6DF1F07D-CF79-4041-913E-468CBA0C8018.jpeg 1596FE17-357C-40FF-8DDE-12F487ED6970.jpeg

Testing supplies

Hi, What is the best metal test kit? I want to get one to test the ewelry finds myself..but read Amazon reviews that aresn't the best. What does everyone use ans where do you buy it? I have a loup and a scale, becides those and a metal test kit what ...

need help IDing sterling hallmark

I have this mirror that I believe to be fairly old? I can not find this mark. I don't know if it is "EP", "FP", possibly "EP Co." or ?It is tested silver and the "EP does not stand for electro plate.Thanks for any help,Karl.

Antique Pocket Watch Help

I bought a small antique pocket watch. The dial is not marked. On the inside cover it is marked C.W.C.CO. With the word " TRACE MARK" not trade mark. And it has the cresent moon and star. Everything I see says it is Cresent Watch Case Company, Howeve...

Mystery Mark

Help! Here's a vintage articulated brooch, with a G and what I think is a 6 pointed star inside it. Anyone familiar with this mark? The brooch is complex and well made. Thanks for any and all info!

Whodunnit - fairly new silver earrings

markfrontblurry shot of the frontDoes anyone know who my daddy is? I've seen the mark somewhere before. The stones are synthetic or lab opal. The random chicken scratch to the left of the 925 is on both pieces, so it's probably meant to be there.

DSCF8811.JPG DSCF8812.JPG DSCF8813.JPG

Help with maker's mark identification

I inherited a silver brooch. I know that it came from Germany because of the H within a circle but I do not know what the other numbers mean: HS088. If anyone could help with the S088, I would deeply appreciate it. I have narrowed it down to three Ge...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sorority Pin

I have a beautiful little sorority pin, belonged to my uncle's second wife, whom I didn't really know. He gave me all of her jewelry to sell. I know nothing about sororities, how to interpret the symbols on the pin or anything. I also don't know wher...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors