cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italian Sterling Ring maker GC?

Can anyone please shed some light on this beauty?  A sterling silver ring with rutilated quartz.  Research indicates the head means its an Italian piece, but I can find no information on who GC might be.  Anyone please?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Italian Sterling Ring maker GC?

There are many 'heads' used in silver marking.  I'm not sure that that one is Italian.  Do you have a reference for that.

Rutile is a yellow crystal, found as golden 'threads' in quartz.  However, if they're  black, as yours appear to be, then it is crystals of tourmaline, giving you tourmalinated quartz.

It is, to my taste, an absolutely lovely ring!

Lea
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Regarding the head stamp,I got the info from the 925-1000 website. It looks just the same, but I could be wrong.  Thank you for the lesson about the different color "needles".  There's always something new to learn!!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Its hard to see, but above the head stamp there's another stamp that looks like another stamp that looks like rhombus (a four sided diamond like shape) with something inside (too small to see what).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

To my eye the head does not resemble any of the ones shown on the page for Italy.  Anyway, those heads are all only up to 1933 and your ring is definitely much younger.  It's a superb example of modernism; so, 50s or more recent--way more recent in my opinion.

Lea
Message 5 of 5
latest reply