cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi again –

This week has been crazy (to say the least), but we need to keep moving forward. There’s a lot happening here at eBay, and also in the world around us. I’ve posted before about the recent events across the U.S. They’ve forced real conversations and propelled movements to address the issues of racism. Since then, many of you have asked: what more can we do to empower and support the broader community?

This Friday is Juneteenth, the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the U.S. On our site, eBay will make it easier to support change - whether you choose to shop for an item that benefits charity, sell something and donate the proceeds, or connect with someone on our platform.  

eBay will feature sellers on the homepage on Juneteenth - highlighting the richness and diversity of our community - and remind everyone that we can always do more together. We’re inviting buyers to join us in supporting two charitable organizations that are wholly dedicated to equality. I’ve shared previously that eBay has donated $1.3M to this cause and we continue to look for new ways to make a difference.  

As some of you already know, we are also tightening our restrictions to ensure eBay is free of Black Americana items that portray negativity or stereotypes based on race or ethnicity, or that are discriminatory or demeaning. While some of these items have been permitted for educational or artistic purposes in the past, they may also perpetuate bigotry and intolerance. You can review the updated policy here.  I’m sure you’ve seen other brands make similar moves and this definitely reflects how our society is evolving. Every day we strive to do better and ensure eBay is a safe, inclusive and respectful marketplace.

It feels like each day we’re confronted with something new. More than ever, I’m grateful to each of you for your support. We are navigating an uncertain time but your passion for the brand and commitment to what’s right is inspiring.

As always, thank you.

- Jordan