cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some please identify this American Girl doll please. TIA

Not sure which American Girl doll this is. She seems to have medium skin with green eyes. Thank you so much for any help, Vanessa

american girl

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Can some please identify this American Girl doll please. TIA

She may be an older AGOT (American Girl of Today) doll - I checked the Doll of the Year archives and she doesn't match those - 

http://www.americangirl.com/archives/goty.php

Does she have a tag on her body? How is the back of her head stamped and how long are the strings?  

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

On the back of her neck it says "American Girl LLC"  yes she has long strings the numbers on the tag are: 0939SJ the numbers on the material/cleaning tag are 0010 20140804_103811.jpg20140804_104246.jpg

Someone thought it was Rebbecca 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

She looks like Rebecca but the clothes aren't correct - she is a "newer" America Girl doll - older ones are marked Pleasant Company - Her hair is in great shape!  Retail is $110.00

All about Rebecca:

http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/static/rebeccadoll.jsp?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_ter...

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thank you so much! I didn't think the clothes were the original ones that came with her. Do you think maybe if I bought the orighnal dress she came with that might increase her value?

Thank you again so very much!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I believe selling her in the original outfit will increase her value - and people specifically searching on American Girl Rebecca will want to see her in that original dress.  I used to sell quite a lot of American Girl items and they did very well on ebay.  Her hair really is in beautiful shape and that will also help on the resale.  Good Luck! 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Great thank you so very much!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

She looks like Rebecca...one of the Historicals

Check out American Girl web site....

She is still available.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Definitely Rebecca. She does look a little more like a look alike doll though
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It is a look alike. The hair and eyes are partialy different. I like the doll though.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

What, specifically, makes you think that she's a look a like? Newbie to AG, trying to learn all I can. 🙂 Thank you!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Hi! She's not a look-a-like...as in a fake...or by another manufacturer.  I think what Cedric means is that she could be an American Girl Doll from a different line.  AG puts out a line of dolls that can be customized called Just Like You (or Truly Me) dolls. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell these character dolls from a closely resembling Truly Me doll. 

This is Rebecca. She is wearing the jeans from Julie's Meet Oufit and the top of the Purple Snowflake Pajama Set. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thank you. Can anyone provide links to any ebay guides or any other resources?  All I've found so far, besides here, is the AG Wki page. Thank you so much!  😘

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you. Can anyone provide links to any ebay guides or any other resources?  All I've found so far, besides here, is the AG Wki page. Thank you so much!  🙂

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

There's also

http://agplaythings.com  

http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Main.html  though it hasn't been updated in a while 

and like a million facebook groups specific for AG dolls

Message 15 of 15
latest reply