cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watermarks Automatically on Images?

I just noticed that when I upload an picture for an item up for bid, a watermark with my user ID is automatically showing up in the lower left hand corner. Does anyone know if this is something new? It is even on my non-art items.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Watermarks Automatically on Images?

Some of my images have the watermark, and some don't. Does not seem to be any pattern. I checked on my other ID and none of the items have a watermark. I can't say it has anything to do with when the items were listed - Some items were listed a few days ago & have it; some listed yesterday on my other ID don't.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I just looked at your most recent listing and I see it. I have NEVER seen that before. I wonder if they're doing that with sellers who have opted out of sharing their images with eBay's "library"? I haven't listed anything new in about a week. I have something that I'm getting ready to list. Let's see if it happens to me too. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It is interesting. I'm glad it is there. I've been too lazy to figure out how to do it myself. Let us know if it shows up on your listing! Sue -- Edited by suejo0101 at 06/20/2010 4:32 PM PDT
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Well, I just listed a Beanie Baby and it didn't happen, but it was a relist, which may have something to do with it. I have some photo magnets to list later, and will probably list those in the art category, so we'll see. -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I looked at a couple of your listings and saw what you're talking about, Sue. When I first click on your auction I can see the tiny watermark in the lower left hand side of the photo, but when I use the enlarge feature and the zoom, it isn't there! So it doesn't really seem to be attached to the photo? My browser is Firefox. Susan artbysmoar
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't know, Susan. I just noticed it yesterday. I tend to agree with Kathy - I opted out of letting Ebay use my photos for their library on this user ID. On my other ID I did not, and none of the images there have a watermark. Also, my browser is Internet Explorer. Sue
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Susan - you made me curious. I went to one of my listings & clicked on zoom and the enlargement feature. The watermarks stayed - but they remained in the lower left hand corner. I 'm guessing it is not a "watermark" per se, but this is something I've never seen in my years here on Ebay! Sue
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I listed something in the "Direct from the artist" section last night, and didn't get it. Perhaps it's in the beta test stage, so not everyone is getting it? -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Found it! I searched for it in forums and found the official eBay page: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/eps.html -- Kathy

Kathy
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks Kathy! Funny thing is - I list my art using a template, so I didn't choose the watermark. I will from now on though! But like you said - maybe it is still in the testing stage & THIS seller ID was included. My other ID sure isn't! Sue
Message 11 of 11
latest reply