cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW??

art-by-annamarie
Enthusiast
HI all. I have been asked for permission to use my art for a digital thing to do embroidery work. Does anyone know what kind of fee to charge for something like that? Thanks!!! --
glitter-graphics.com
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Good afternoon ... In stock photography, the price is determined by the resolution (in pixels) and size (MB). There are generally four sizes: Low (Web 250 x 500 or less)- Medium (1000 x 2000) - High (2000 x 3000) - Ultrahigh (3000 x 4000) with prices of very roughly $100, $200, $300, $400 and up for royalty free (RF) ... you grant unlimited use forever, but you can sell to more than one buyer under those term. There are other stock sites that sell an image for $1 but I wouldn't go there. I also believe there is a bit of negotiating downward after an individual expresses interest. If the buyer wants exclusivity for a period of time (at least a year) the sky is literally and figuratively the limit, which is determined by type of use, commercial, advertising, product. This type of arrangement is called Managed Right (MR) and you can negotiate to retain a limited right to use. Just so you know ... I learned this while considering selling my photography as stock (I didn't). I also have some excellent sport photographyn that I need personal/individual releases in order to sell so I am going to offer a RM license to the athlete in exchange for a individual release with limited edition of prints. Also, I wrote this from the top of my head ... I can doublecheck figures and facts if needed. -- Len "Nobody goes there anymore ... it's too crowded." --- Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra, #8 "The secret of managing is keeping the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided." "You could look it up" --- Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel, "The Old Perfesser", #37
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

art-by-annamarie
Enthusiast
Thank you so muchfor the info. I put the ball in there court.. So we'll see what happens. It's very exciting :) --
glitter-graphics.com
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

let me be the first to say congratulations!that's quite an artistic coup!you might want to think about royalty rights,especially if they are going to use the pattern in magazines.. -- maiyuguachi..."no sweat"
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

art-by-annamarie
Enthusiast
Thanks Berry! I am quite proud of how my art is taken me in so many different directions! --
glitter-graphics.com
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ask them what their budget is. Your agreement is known as 'licensing'. You should state that it is ONLY for needlework or whatever, AND you should give a period of time for this to happen (e.g. 1 year, 5 years). -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider ... google me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

art-by-annamarie
Enthusiast
Got ya Jillian. :) Thanks everoyne for all the help.. I never thought about how art can be used is so many different ways:) --
glitter-graphics.com
Message 7 of 7
latest reply