cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Week discontinued for this group 2018

After much discussion and thought, we  (admins) have decided to discontinue hosting Theme Week for this group.  We had been including it as a courtesy because aceo originated within this group.  Alas, all good things must come to an end.   It is next to impossible to keep the integrity of the challenge here, so entries from this group will no longer qualify as of January 1, 2018.  To qualify you must be a member of good standing in the facebook group.  Please join us at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

If you have any questions I will address them on this thread.

Your December entries will of course be included this time.

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Theme Week discontinued for this group 2018

Thank you coastlineartist.  Yes, the rules can be confusing at first, but it is a busy group and they are there to keep the page flowing freely and let everyone have a chance to be seen.  We have had several similar groups adapt our rules so they can't all be that bad LOL.   If you pm me over there with your concerns I will be happy to answer your questions.

my blog
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Leola, your fear of losing ACEO, starting up a mirror site on FB, did in fact make your fears come true. You drove artists over to FB, thereby frying ACEO.

The fear was real. We had a few of our groups wrongfully removed by the new team, unaware and uninformed of the rules that govern groups. We had to explain it to them, with links to the rules. After a series of passionate pleas and reasonings, they were required to bring the groups back. So we too ran to other places. It wasn't the best decision, but it was a decision. The upside is that when you pay for groups, you get all the bells and whistles! lol

You first said, "We've taken the plunge and today have opened a group for you to share your eBay listings with our group there. The facebook group is opened to enhance THIS group. All swaps, games, theme weeks etc will remain HERE. The facebook group will not be a splinter group. It is there for the purpose of promoting your eBay listings. You do not have to join facebook, you can continue (and we encourage you) to list your auctions here. We'll see how this works out. Hopefully there won't be too much confusion with opening the facebook group. Basically just remember. FB for listings only. The mods will post info over there also but will direct you back to here."

Isa said, "We have opened a Facebook group for you to share your eBay listings with our group there. The Facebook group is opened to enhance THIS group. It is there for the purpose of promoting your eBay listings. All swaps, games, theme weeks etc will remain HERE. You do not have to join Facebook, you can continue (and we encourage you) to list your auctions here."

Later (about the FB sister group) you said, "You are all welcome to come join us....we are not in competition with this group, but rather compliment it...Got questions? Real time answers.."

Then again, last year you said, "Just a friendly reminder, that we have a sister group on Facebook, that you are welcome to joing. The one on here is the original group (the Mother group) and while we try to keep both informed, you might want to join the facebook one for discussion and tips etc. I try to get here from time to time to answer questions, but I think Thea has a pretty good handle on it."

We know you may have lost some admin/mod abilities. As far as the editing abilities, tell us what you have difficulties with, we can help. We've run eBay groups for 10 years now, and have some bit of an understanding of how to edit things since the changes. Who still has admin/mod abilities (aka editing control, etc) in ACEO?

Sincerely,
~M & T~

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

Amen!
Message 33 of 43
latest reply

I have tried to remain silent so as not to create any more problems, but this has gone on for to long. Artist are just like anyone else , we are not special, but it appears that some one things they are. Leola is correct in everything she has said and as the other admin of the Face Book group I stand with her on this matter. We do not need drama and we don't need to make special concession for anyone. If we did it for one we would have to do it for all, so it's either join the Face Book group or do not participate. I am sure you will do fine without us. I was also a Mod when we left the group, we were the only two left, and no one else wanted to help, so the group we have on FB is now much stronger and better then ever.

Reality was once someone's dream.
Message 34 of 43
latest reply

I have read all this once again and it saddens me.  It's theme week.......wow.
If this is the worst thing that has happened in your life you are fortunate indeed.  Many many have bigger problems than theme week.  I would gladly trade places if this is your only misfortune.
This group will continue.  It may even actually get the complainers contributing more often (Thea aside..she always takes pat)

If this is how adults behave.....I certainly can see why the group splintered and Jillian walked away years ago.  Shame on you.  Feel free to come to the facebook group...do not feel free to come there to cause trouble.

my blog
Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Science says visual artists and architects think differently than others. Apparently, it also shows in brain scan activity.
Message 36 of 43
latest reply

This saddens you?
Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Anyone, Is it just me, or don't all caps sound like shouting?  Seriously.

Thea

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

Jillian is a dear friend of mine and has in fact inspired many of the things I continue to do to help ACEO artists. If anyone has it at heart to create ACEO art, you are among us, regardless. On this point I hereby invite all ACEO artists to participate in the Free extra exposure I provide for subject related ACEO listings on my storybook website links such as  "On Ebay".  The Theme is one of Life's Journey in poetic meaning while remaining completely child friendly as a story for our youngest audience.

To participate, read the "First Eight Stanzas" of the story on the storybook website and Have Fun Creating a Family Friendly (okay for little kids to view) ACEO with your own original take on any of the lines of the story excerpt. Give your ACEO art your own title like "Christmas on the Wing" or "Winter on the Wind" or whatever, so it is clearly your art.  ACEOs do not have to include a male Northern Cardinal (red bird with black mask). Participating art can be a bird's eye view or completely abstract if you will. However, male Northern Cardinals do get the most views. Also note of the book (Title & author) in the item description area of ACEO listings, helps book sellers on ebay too.

When you are ready to list your participating ACEO on ebay, send me a note and I'll give you the key to designate your listing as a participating artist. Then your listing will appear on my storybook website link to ebay for as long as your listing remains active or you remove the key wording from the listing title.

Right now website traffic is high. A growing number of viewers are returning fans of the story who are looking for your art in compliment. Some folks want ACEO prints to add to the book pages while others are art collectors looking for original ACEO paintings for their ACEO story art albums.

Santa's Songbird ® ACEO Project is also a work of heart, providing ACEO artists with an open theme reaching out to a Family Audience in a way that brings us all together.

Jillian knows, I "Bear Up"!

Merry Christmas to All!

Dianne

D. S. Jackson

author of The Secret of Santa's Songbird

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Seems bit off topic, Dianne, with your own agenda. Suggest you start your own topic in new string.  Otherwise, it's inappropriate and for me personally, annoying and turning me off your family approved  story book.  should work better for you in new interesting string.

Thea 

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

Hi,

What would be the consequences of an ACEO member like myself who refrained from being a registered FB member, listed in a 2018 ACEO TW (three letter month) contest anyway?  (The theme is known the second the first entry is listed. ) 

Thea

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

We have people do that every month. If that's what floats their boat.  It's not a big deal.  They are not elegible for a nomination or award.  Want to put this to rest now?

my blog
Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Thanks for replying. It would have been nice if someone had informed me of this in the first place.  

Message 43 of 43
latest reply