cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROUND ROBIN GROUPS, CHAT AND SPOILER

LINK TO GROUP ALBUMS ARE IN THE POST IN  THE LINK BELOW.....post # 156.

http://groups.ebay.com/topic/Aceo-Art-Cards/General-Discussions-Games/Round-Robin-Groups/1601361935?...

Here are your instructions and groups for the Round Robin. Please be mindful that this will only be a success if everyone follows the instructions and completes their part of the RR.

PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY BELOW YOUR NAME FOR THEIR ADDRESS. IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM THAT PERSON IN ONE WEEK AFTER MESSAGING THEM FOR THEIR ADDRESS, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY. That person will be dropped from the group and you will move on to the next person. If for whatever reason, you think you will not be able to continue in the RR, please contact us now....
**person listed last in the group, sends to the person at the top of the group**

1. Each person in your group will begin a painting or drawing on a 5" x 7" piece of flat paper. Use sturdy paper that will be suitable to several mediums and can take several mailings.
***note: pastels and oils are not suitable for the round robin.

2. Scan your start and post a photo of it on this thread. Sign the back and send to the person who’s name is immediately below yours in your group. Please make sure they are packaged well. Insert a lightweight piece of cardboard for added protection (cereal box cardboard is good)

3. The recipient will continue the piece, scan it, post it here on the spoiler thread. Sign the back and state what they added to the piece. They will then (get the address) send it to the next person immediately below them in the group. And so on until it is sent back to the original artist. **person listed last in the group, sends to the person at the top of the group**

4. Once all groups are finished, there will be a poll at the end and the entire ACEO group will have an opportunity to vote on their favorite round robin artwork. The winning group will have their art pieces featured on the group home page as well as in an album on the facebook subgroup.

It is encouraged that groups complete their projects in a timely manner.

Summary:

1. Start and mail a 5" x 7" piece within one week of start
2. Continue on pieces as they arrive from participants in your group.
3. Scan,  post to the group, sign the back of each piece, mail in a timely manner
4. Post finished piece to our group album.

***by participating you are agreeing that you will allow other artist to alter your work in the completion of your project.  In some cases, your work may even be painted over.  The original artist will own the copyrights to their completed piece.  They may keep it, sell it, or reproduce it...as they see fit.

Group ONE

Blackwolfpaw - Penny

Beaksnbeacons - Susan

Seagirlrun - Rebecca

Artistsuetaylor - Sue

Goodbooknook - Barbara

Group TWO

Artzeeone - Debrah

Purplehorse - Kim

Paintedword06 - Jen

Candydragon - Candace

Group THREE

Oldchristine - Christine

Julesststudio - Cheryl

Welovegod - Sherry

Shannon18708 - Shannon

Group FOUR

Elainevernon - Audrey

Pinkgypsy - Penny

ggaff777 - Kathy

Lazyhawk - Marlene

Please feel free to post your progress at the facebook  group http://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

-- Edited by southshoreartist at 02/19/2013 11:41 AM PST

-- Edited by southshoreartist at 03/01/2013 10:13 AM PST

-- Edited by southshoreartist at 04/12/2013 7:08 AM PDT

-- Edited by southshoreartist at 04/12/2013 7:09 AM PDT

-- Edited by southshoreartist at 05/15/2013 10:48 AM PDT
.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 1 of 312
latest reply
311 REPLIES 311

Re: ROUND ROBIN GROUPS, CHAT AND SPOILER

Wow, Shannon, they are really nice!!!  The tree looks great and so does the sky and grass for the Chicken.....  I love the raccoon/bat and would that be a vampire version of an adventurer such as Indiana Jones offering the zombie monkey a banana????   These are adorable!

Sherry, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Message 196 of 312
latest reply

It's fun to see all the stories develop as each artist adds to a piece... Great work, everyone! 🙂

Isa
Message 197 of 312
latest reply

The snake in the chair, sure didn't see that one coming :^O.  Love the guy trying to temp the monkey with the banana and the 'coon bat is right in his element.

These are really fun!

Message 198 of 312
latest reply

lazyhawk
Enthusiast

Wow, these are all so cool!  Just got home from the beach to discover my start has come home and Audrey's start is waiting for me to add to.  I will work on it tomorrow and hopefully get it in the mail Tuesday.

Message 199 of 312
latest reply

Wow, everything is soo cool!

Sue, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!   AWESOME!!!  Love the Rick Grimes addition to the zombie squirrel monkey!  For you ladies who don't watch the Walking Dead, that is one of the main characters of that show!  Love it!  Love the snake, omg, so awesome!  (I realize I make things harder by my wack sense of humor; doesn't always lend itself to the best composition, but I like to have fun!)

Shannon, Candace ...  Great job on the rooster.  It's really gorgeous!!  the tree on the bird feeder is so pretty too!  I totally dig the raccoon bat.  so cute!!

I am loving all these!!

Rebecca

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

Be a patron of the arts: Art and science keep us civil!
http://www.smellyrhino.com
Message 200 of 312
latest reply

It's fun to see all the different directions they can go in, great job everyone, LOVE the Heron addition for the Turtle start.

Also can't wait to see the Zombie and Blue Bear ones finished those were great starts.

Candace great addition to Kims start, need to get my thinking cap on now so I'll be prepared when it gets here. Hope you get my start with Kims awesome Dragon addition soon. I left the Cat unpainted because I thought there were 4 of us...I know you'll add something great but I also just want you to not feel pressured to complete it, I'll add/paint whatever needs to be done when I get it back.

Can't wait!

😃

Debrah

Message 201 of 312
latest reply

Wow...great additions everyone...I can't believe how well these are all playing out.....but I just have to say...being a slight Walking Dead fanatic........I didn't see that coming...and it's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 202 of 312
latest reply

I didn't see it coming either!  I laughed my butt off with her addition!  It's freakin brilliant!

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

Message 203 of 312
latest reply

Candace, I LOVE what you did to my raccoon bat!!! It looks like he belongs hanging from the banana tree! (I hope the spider is friendly. He might be in trouble if it's one of those big banana spiders that end up hitching a ride in the produce boxes from South America. Our local Affiliated shipping center ends up with them now and again. Guess they're bad news).

All of the round robins are turning out terrific. Imagine what the 'exquisite corpse' story would be like for all of them!

I hope the cat and dragon has found its way to you by now, Candace. I mailed them both at the same time. I almost put them together, but used the bubble mailer that Debrah sent with it, along with a piece of cardboard for sturdiness. Let's hope the dragon didn't carry the kitty away to go skiing somewhere since we've all been getting s-o-o-o much snow lately!  😉

Kim

Message 204 of 312
latest reply

Kim,

The spider is just crawling up for a friendly hello so your bat no need worry.  ;).  Still haven't received the dragon and cat so maybe they did go skiing and didn't invite us.  I will check the mail again tomorrow and let ya know.

candy 

Message 205 of 312
latest reply

It better not be skiing, 'cause that would mean the postman dropped it! Already have an idea for the Raccoon Bat. 😃

Kim have you added to Candaces yet? I missed it if you posted it.

Debrah

Message 206 of 312
latest reply

lazyhawk
Enthusiast

HI, just uploaded my finished start to the Album:

I also will be sending Audrey's start back to her tomorrow for her to add any final touches she may have.  I added the small tree, birds, rabbit and the city in the distance.

I did not do the matting, it came to me that way and I don't know who did.  Looks nice though.

Message 207 of 312
latest reply

Just opened Barbara's turtle!  Sue added a beautiful Heron!  I'm going to work on it tomorrow and try to get it out the door with a real quick turnaround to get it on it's way home soon!

-Rebecca

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

Message 208 of 312
latest reply

Debrah, still working on Candace's. It took me awhile to figure out what to add. I'll post it sometime this week when I finish it.

Candace, I sure hope the dragon arrives soon!

Kim

Message 209 of 312
latest reply

Here's my little fishy addition to Barbara's start.  The fastest turnaround I've ever done! LOL  It's on the way to Sue Taylor tomorrow.  -Rebecca

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

Message 210 of 312
latest reply