cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back..sort of. This ever happen to you?

Wow, it sure has been a long time. I've lurked here off and on, but don't know many people, and most of you don't know me. I hope I'm not committing a big "boo-boo" by starting a new thread, but really need some input here. I'm finally painting again, 29 months after Katrina reared her ugly head. I was inspired to paint some Christmas cards for my family members. They were so supportive that I've done a few other things, including 4 ACEOs. The funny thing is, this work doesn't look anything like what I used to do....and I'm not sure I even like it very much. What I really want to do is go back to painting the way I did before; not that it was anything great, but I just identified with my art, sort of on an emotional level. I was just wondering if this kind of thing has happened to any of you, and if it has, how did you handle it? Thanks! Jessie
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Re I'm back..sort of. This ever happen to

Thank you all so much for your words of wisdom! I've browsed through the listings and have had a chance to see the depth of talent that each of you display, and am honored that you see something of merit in what I've been doing. Hi Kelly! No, I never lived in New Orleans, but my grandparents lived there, and my Dad grew up there. We spent so much time in N.O. that it felt like my second home. I actually grew up about an hour north of New Orleans, and now live about 90 minutes north, in south MS. Rob, you are so observant!I have developed a love affair with my little micron black ultra-fine pen. Only problem is, I wear them out so quickly that I'm constantly having to replace them. I've actually been thinking about trying out those prismacolor ultra fine markers. (By the way, I LOVE your tyrannorooster!) The previous works were primarily acrylic, which I'm not using much these days. I'll accent a little with acrylics, but mostly I'm using watercolor pencils and markers these days. The main reason I've been playing with pencils/markers is the same that I've seen others express here. It's simply more time efficient to draw than it is to pull out all the paints and set up. (It's also a lot of fun!) Maybe experimenting with a new medium has been part of the reason for the new look. -- View My Auctions Here
Message 16 of 16
latest reply