cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't anyone leave feedback anymore when they purchase an item!?!?! UUUGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Why doesn't anyone leave feedback anymore when they purchase an item!?!?! UUUGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

Even back years ago before the fb changes, only about 30-50% of buyers left feedback.

After 15 years on ebay, I think my feedback to transaction ratio is about 40%.

Why?

Feedback has become non-important, and dsr's are a joke.

Buyers & Sellers forget about it.

Its sometimes better to leave no feedback than leave neutrals or negs.

Some buyers only leave feedback when they are unhappy with the transaction - that would be a big red donut.

Probably a lot more reasons.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes buyers are slightly dissatisfied with a transaction, but don't feel it's bad enough to leave feedback that would harm the seller.

I experienced an example of this recently myself.  Bought a craft booklet which should have had patterns in the back.  Turns out it didn't.  Buyer said I could send back for a refund or they would give me a partial.  Total cost of the transaction was about $5, and I can still use the book but it would have been easier if I had the patterns.  So I refused both those offers, but did not leave FB.  The seller later thanked me because she understood my decision.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Same reason that experianced sellers still insist on having a NO RETURNS policy.....

they just don't know any better !!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would think that Ebay is much more business like now, and online purchases so common place, that  some people use Ebay like any other online purchase...they make the transaction and move on without concern about feedback or reviews.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Until recently I had been buying a lot more than I sold. A lot were Buy it Now...so bing bam boom,hit a few keys ,instant pay .........I should get my feedback than...my end is done .    But in the last year I had more and more sellers not leaving feedback !P@!  me off. Some would send feedback as soon as I sent first .  Now I,ve been selling a lot more and I'm not getting much feedback either!!  I've sent reminders and still nothing . I,m about ready to stop feedbck period ,I'ts getting my blood pressure to high !!lol    I have heard from 1 person who said she couldnt figure out how to leave it from her phone app ?  I wonder how many people may be using "smart phones " now and if that plays a part ??

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

As a seller, I never even think about feedback.  It is left automatically when the buyer pays.  The only thing I do is to change the automated comments every quarter.  While I sincerely appreciate the comments left by my great buyers - and I do read them - feedback is not necessary.  Them being satisfied with the transaction is much more important to me.

As a buyer, I leave feedback when I get the item and am satisfied with it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Did you check with seller if it had patterns in the back? $5......really!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply