cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Priority Mail Free Insurance $50 - Questions

1. When I buy USPS Priority Mail (online via ebay/paypal) ... is the free $50 insurance automatically included?

2. If package is lost or damaged does USPS refund value of pkg + shipping cost?

3. Do I need a a printed receipt or copy of the label?

4. Or is all of the information I would need on line at Ebay or Paypal?

5. Does sending USPS Priority Mail (Insured) elimate any chance of buyer saying "item not received"?

Thanks, I've never had a claim but am curious about the procedure, I did read the USPS site about insured items that may be lost or damaged but would like your opinion.

Also, if item is received damaged and the buyer does not cooperate with the post office, then what?

I think my little small town post office/post master & mailman  could verify that I send an apropriate USPS priority mail package.

Sorry, lots of questions 🙂

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Yes, $50 comes with priority. $100 for TRS.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 46 of 58
latest reply

@kightrectec

@kightrectec wrote:

Does insurance come with priority mail.

Yes...$50 insurance is included when you use Priority mail ~ $100 if you are TRS+

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 47 of 58
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy    http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/exatera/smileys/friendship/smiley_highfive.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 48 of 58
latest reply

Interesting thread, but it still left one question unanswered for me.

Does the $50 insurance cover a package valued up to $50.00 -- or does it cover the first $50.00 a package? In other words, if a package is valued at $60, is the insurance void (because it's over $50.00) or only covers the first $50 of $60 value?

Use case: I want to purchase two comics valued at $51.98 combined. I am being told if we combine shipping (both comics, one package), I have to waive insurance. But if I pay for shipping in two packages, I will have insurance on both.

Thanks! Jen

Message 49 of 58
latest reply

@possiblejen wrote:

Interesting thread, but it still left one question unanswered for me.

Does the $50 insurance cover a package valued up to $50.00 -- or does it cover the first $50.00 a package? In other words, if a package is valued at $60, is the insurance void (because it's over $50.00) or only covers the first $50 of $60 value?

Use case: I want to purchase two comics valued at $51.98 combined. I am being told if we combine shipping (both comics, one package), I have to waive insurance. But if I pay for shipping in two packages, I will have insurance on both.

Thanks! Jen

@possiblejen

@lja440

I would think that if it was shipped together, but 2 separate orders. You would be covered up to $50.

If you shipped in 2 separate packages, it would be up to $50 each.

I’m calling over a postal carrier, hopefully she will be able to respond.

If not someone that will know for sure.

Message 50 of 58
latest reply

With any insurance the value plays a part up to the max of the policy. 

If the 2 comics have a sale value of $51.98 and are insured in one package the payout would be caped at $50. Shipped separately and BOTH packages damaged payout would have you recovering the full $51.98 as the insurance max would be $100, $50 for each package.

Message 51 of 58
latest reply

I recently had a package shipped from eBay. I never received it, but the USPS says they delivered it. I don't know if this means mail theft or crooked substitute delivery guy (Saturday delivery) but whilst i don't expect the seller to reimburse me, I am wondering if there is any chance on this $150 purchase to receive the $50 insurance from USPS or will they refuse since they say it was delivered?
Message 52 of 58
latest reply

Thats FALSE...ANY ADDITIONAL INSURANCE YOU PAY FOR IS THROUGH PAYPAL...IT IS NOT USPS INSUANCE..IS SELLER PROTECTION COVERAGE...I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY PAYPAL

Message 53 of 58
latest reply

You’re responding to a thread from 2013.
Did you have a question?

Hi minty! ❤️😂

Message 54 of 58
latest reply

When I ship a package and priority says there is 50.00 insurance and the package gets lost what is the next procedure?
Augusta
Message 55 of 58
latest reply

If I ship a package via Priority and it says 50.00 insurance included and the package gets lost what is the next procedure?
Message 56 of 58
latest reply

@mrscuddles

How long has it been and what does they tracking say?

You can file online at Usps.gov

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

I say its on the buyers end as the USPS states:  " do not ship the box back".

Insurance is included up to $50.00 for Priority and Flat Rate Priority Mail/packages.  You do not have to use

a USPS Labeled box to send priority but you do have to use their box when shipping flat rate.

The post will need:

1)The actual box, with shipping label attached to show the tracking/confirmation number and addresses etc.

2)The item that was shipped.

3) Proof of item cost, etc and they can print the "invoice" of of their "my ebay" or their paypal account if used.

4) A filled out claim form furnished by the USPS.

*** if you purchased a shipping label through a service like Pirate Ship, they give you Commercial Plus Pricing and the insurance amount stated on their website is $100.00 insurance included for Priority and Flat Rate Priority mail.

Message 58 of 58
latest reply