cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Just for reference, these are the reasons that eBay gives to a buyer in the dropdown return menu: (pink areSNAD, black are remorse)

Doesn't fit
Changed my mind
Found a better price
Just didn't like it
Ordered by mistake
Doesn't work or defective
Doesn't match description or photos
Wrong item sent
Missing parts or pieces
Arrived damaged
Doesn't seem authentic

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 61 of 327
latest reply

So I called, got a different rep.

She reviewed the notes from the previous person, and

said I'm good!

I didn't even click on anything to accept or deny!

She did it for me, said I win!

To give it 24 hours and also the negative feedback will be removed.

I think the main lesson here is to ALWAYS call, be proactive,

and let THEM handle it.

She even said, thanked me for letting them handle the case!

10 years ago or so, I sold a guy a speaker for a guitar amp,

He blewi it up, and then wanted to return it.

I didn't call, just said no, and stated my reasons and as you said, knee jerk they found in his favor.

So #1 lesson here. ALWAYS CALL befoe you do anything to see where you stand.

Message 62 of 327
latest reply

So, FYI. It's all done. Got an email, that they found in my favor, bad feedback ALREADY removed.

I pulled all my cash from my account prior to this, and I currently show no evidence of a negative.

I thought about it a lot...I do empathize with the guy...but....

if I accepted the return and the guy sent me his old parts, cleaned and boxed up in

the original boxes, that would be an even bigger problem, or if he's opened the packages or

discarded the packaging....I can't resell.

Nipping it in the bud was the best thing.

Dispite his assurances that everything was as it was supposed to be,

my choices were to acccept the return and possibly deal with it on the backend if the parts

were not resellable, or he encloses his used parts, or just refuse it up front.

He threatened me right off the bat with opening a case if I didn't accept his return, and

I really didn't like that... freaking extortion. That put me off right from the beginning, I mean screw him!

And the guy has a .ru email address but USA mailing address. For all I know the stuff was forwarded to Russia...forgive me if there are any nice russian people here, but I've had bad experiences in the past with Russian, and Eastean european buyers. 

Of course, speaking with ebay to find out where you stand in advance is really the key.

If they had said, well, no, you might not win, well, I would've sucked it up

and accepted the return.  But....no, they said I would win!

And I did! Woo Hooo! Well, hopefully doesn't file with his credit card company. Seperate issue.

So once a case is filed and closed, can they ever file again for the same item?

Message 63 of 327
latest reply

@benzexpert wrote:

So, FYI. It's all done. Got an email, that they found in my favor, bad feedback ALREADY removed.

I pulled all my cash from my account prior to this, and I currently show no evidence of a negative.

I thought about it a lot...I do empathize with the guy...but....

if I accepted the return and the guy sent me his old parts, cleaned and boxed up in

the original boxes, that would be an even bigger problem, or if he's opened the packages or

discarded the packaging....I can't resell.

Nipping it in the bud was the best thing.

Dispite his assurances that everything was as it was supposed to be,

my choices were to acccept the return and possibly deal with it on the backend if the parts

were not resellable, or he encloses his used parts, or just refuse it up front.

He threatened me right off the bat with opening a case if I didn't accept his return, and

I really didn't like that... freaking extortion. That put me off right from the beginning, I mean screw him!

And the guy has a .ru email address but USA mailing address. For all I know the stuff was forwarded to Russia...forgive me if there are any nice russian people here, but I've had bad experiences in the past with Russian, and Eastean european buyers. 

Of course, speaking with ebay to find out where you stand in advance is really the key.

and accepted the return.  But....no, they said I would win!

And I did! Woo Hooo! Well, hopefully doesn't file with his credit card company. Seperate issue.

So once a case is filed and closed, can they ever file again for the same item?

Bolded by me.

Well there is Paypal and a cc charge back still available. Oh you mention cc, so paypal, if that's how they paid, has 180 daysSmiley Sad

You should be fine though. Fingers crossed.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 64 of 327
latest reply

"Of course, speaking with ebay to find out where you stand in advance is really the key.

and accepted the return.  But....no, they said I would win!"

benz ~ great news!  In the future, should you have a problem, the first thing you should do is come here for guidance/opinions ~ no messages to the buyer ~ no calls to eBay.

eBay is notorious for giving sellers the wrong information!  Once you get to the point of calling eBay, the second most important thing to do is to make sure that the CS rep takes care of the problem to your satisfaction while you are on the phone!  Don't listen to them when they tell you that they will take care of the problem at a later date...which is usually bull puckey!

You were lucky that the buyer used the "doesn't fit" in his message to you!  As love mentioned, the buyer can't open another case for the same item on eBay ~ make sure that you put the ID on your BBL and make note of the address in case they decide to use another ID to purchase from you....which is a no-no!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 65 of 327
latest reply

I am having trouble siding with you. You gave no reason why the buyer wanted to return the item. Could be an issue on your end. I find it suspicious you omit this information. You should not list anything as no returns accepted unless its listed as part not working. If your purchased an item and had an issue you would expect to be able to return it, correct? When i see no returns accepted, i move on to the next seller.

Message 66 of 327
latest reply

The  fact that you have already spent the money from the sale and have no money i  your paypal is not the buyers problem. Its just poor business management. 

Message 67 of 327
latest reply

I had a buyer who had a similar item already in hand. Search for the exact item on Ebay. Found my listing. Purchased the new one from me. Then after receiving it said he wanted a return. It wasnt NEW and it wasnt the item in the description. Which it most certainly was the exact one in the picture. I had No Returns checked because I have had trouble in the past with shady, sneaky buyers. I figure for the deal they have to agree to no returns. But, No returns means nothing I suppose. It allows for deplorables to take advantage!
Message 68 of 327
latest reply

How did you knew about his scam? 

Message 69 of 327
latest reply

exactly .exactly . you entered into a condition of sale where it clearly stated NO RETURNS .

if the item is sent and arrives in the condition it was purchased .,you have done what it says on the tin .

so why are we selling an item with no returns ?why not put ,,,please return if not satisfied ?

it seams to me you have to sell an item as SPARES OR REPAIRS ..on the wonderfull PLANET EBAY ..but even then  the item can still be returned ..

its all a matter of WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU KNOW when it should be straight forward and simple  yes or no ..

💥 to add to the excitement ..you now can get ️lovely NEGATIVE FEEDBACK .

oh and you cant say booo ..hooo hooo.

who thinks of this **bleep** 

Message 70 of 327
latest reply

becauce i use that thing called a brain 
Message 71 of 327
latest reply

I agree with Eay on this one.

Message 72 of 327
latest reply

@jesuisravi

You are agreeing with something from 2013 (zombie thread)

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 73 of 327
latest reply

its is true ebay is protecting it self on ebay warranty by forcing the seller to take shaft.

Message 74 of 327
latest reply

its is true ebay is protecting it self on ebay warranty payment by forcing the seller to take shaft.

Message 75 of 327
latest reply